Digital TV News: Catherine Herkovic
Nielsen and Sinclair agree audience measurement renewal
Apr 12, 2023 – Nielsen has announced a multi-year renewal agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group (NASDAQ: SBGI) for Nielsen Local and National audience measurement services.
News categories: Nielsen, Sinclair, Catherine Herkovic, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen now reporting comparable metrics for local TV OTT apps
Apr 6, 2023 – Nielsen has begun reporting on local television's OTT streaming apps. By capturing audiences across both streaming and linear, broadcasters can understand the full reach of their content.
News categories: Nielsen, Catherine Herkovic, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Meredith renews with Nielsen for TV audience measurement
Aug 10, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Meredith (NYSE: MDP) have signed a renewal agreement for Nielsen Local TV ratings which includes a range of audience measurement and analytical services.
News categories: Nielsen, Meredith, Catherine Herkovic, Doug Lowe, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen to provide TV measurement for the Marquee Broadcasting Group
Feb 9, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Marquee Broadcasting Group have announced a multi-year agreement whereby Nielsen will provide local TV measurement services for all the broadcasters stations.
News categories: Nielsen, Marquee Broadcasting, Catherine Herkovic, Patricia Lane, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TEGNA renews with Nielsen for Local TV markets
Jan 5, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced a renewal agreement with TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA). Under the terms of the agreement, Nielsen will provide local television ratings service for 34 TEGNA local markets.
News categories: Nielsen, TEGNA, Catherine Herkovic, Larry Delia, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
Apr 2, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SGBI) have announced a multi-year renewal agreement under which Nielsen will provide a comprehensive suite of measurement services for Sinclair.
News categories: Nielsen, Sinclair Broadcast, Catherine Herkovic, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen completes overhaul of Local TV measurement
Oct 3, 2019 – Nielsen announced that it has integrated advanced metering, big data and people-powered panels into its Local TV measurement service. The transformation delivers metrics that are representative of what people are actually viewing in local broadcast markets.
News categories: Nielsen, Catherine Herkovic, Wendy McMahon, Kathy Doyle, Kevin Stuart, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
Jun 19, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Block Communications have signed a renewal agreement for Nielsen Local TV measurement services across Block’s TV stations and markets. Block stations in Louisville will continue to use Nielsen data to demonstrate value to advertisers.
News categories: Nielsen, Block Communications, Catherine Herkovic, Bill Lamb, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen audience measurement watermark transmitted over ATSC 3.0
Apr 3, 2019 – The NAB has announced the successful transmission of a Nielsen audience measurement watermark – inaudible signals in a program’s audio that helps identify the program for audience measurement purposes – using the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast transmission standard.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Nielsen, Sam Matheny, Catherine Herkovic, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max