Digital TV News: Chirag Upadhyay
Record holiday sales of Connected TV devices predicted for Q4
Dec 17, 2020 – Global sales of connected TV devices are set to reach a new record this quarter as holiday demand and recovery from the impact of the pandemic drive sales to more than 111 million units, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nintendo to re-take number one spot in game console market
Nov 29, 2018 – Nintendo is set to regain its leadership position in video game consoles for the first time since 2009, according to Strategy Analytics. Nintendo is expected to sell 17.3 million Switch consoles worldwide in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
1 in 8 homes in North America to own an Ultra HD TV by end-2016
May 25, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than 11 million North American homes will own an Ultra HD TV by the end of 2016 as prices drop to increasingly affordable levels and 1080p models start to disappear entirely from large screen product line ups.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Chromecast takes 35% of the digital media streamer market in 2015
Mar 8, 2016 – Amazon, Apple, Google and Roku accounted for more than 8 out every 10 Digital Media Streamer shipments worldwide in 2015, strengthening their combined grip on the fast growing category, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
221 million connected TV devices to ship this year
Nov 27, 2015 – Global shipments of connected TV Devices (including Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, Game Consoles and Digital Media Streamers) reached 53 million units in Q3 and are on target to hit 221 million units for the full year, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering