Digital TV News: Chirag Upadhyay
Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
May 4, 2021 – Apps processors from MediaTek were used in nearly 50% of the 151 million smart speakers and smart displays sold in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. MediaTek increased its share by six percentage points in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Record holiday sales of Connected TV devices predicted for Q4
Dec 17, 2020 – Global sales of connected TV devices are set to reach a new record this quarter as holiday demand and recovery from the impact of the pandemic drive sales to more than 111 million units, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nintendo to re-take number one spot in game console market
Nov 29, 2018 – Nintendo is set to regain its leadership position in video game consoles for the first time since 2009, according to Strategy Analytics. Nintendo is expected to sell 17.3 million Switch consoles worldwide in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
1 in 8 homes in North America to own an Ultra HD TV by end-2016
May 25, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than 11 million North American homes will own an Ultra HD TV by the end of 2016 as prices drop to increasingly affordable levels and 1080p models start to disappear entirely from large screen product line ups.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Chromecast takes 35% of the digital media streamer market in 2015
Mar 8, 2016 – Amazon, Apple, Google and Roku accounted for more than 8 out every 10 Digital Media Streamer shipments worldwide in 2015, strengthening their combined grip on the fast growing category, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
221 million connected TV devices to ship this year
Nov 27, 2015 – Global shipments of connected TV Devices (including Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, Game Consoles and Digital Media Streamers) reached 53 million units in Q3 and are on target to hit 221 million units for the full year, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market