Digital TV News: Chris Larson
TCL unveils cinematic advances and TV innovation at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – TCL has announced products and innovations at CES 2022 with new big screen models as well as future technologies such as the first dynamic video motion ecosystem, more mini-LED powered TVs and high-performance gaming features.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
TCL introduces 5-Series and 6-Series TVs with Google TV
Aug 10, 2021 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of the first TCL TV lines with Google TV across its premium and high-performance 5- and 6-Series, enhancing its portfolio of award-winning televisions.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, Android TV, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV
More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
Jul 26, 2021 – The 8K Association has revealed that there are now over seventy 8K TVs certified by the 8KA. This includes nearly 50 models launched in the first half of 2021 from three of the world's top TV brands – Hisense, Samsung, and TCL.
News categories: 8K Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
TCL launches televisions with Android TV in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2020 – TCL has announced that it will offer TCL TVs featuring Android TV in the U.S. Leveraging its years-long mobile device partnership with Google, TCL's new televisions diversify the company's product lineup.
News categories: TCL, Shalini Govil-Pai, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces 'Roku TV Ready' program
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Roku TV Ready, a program that allows consumer electronics companies to partner with Roku to help their products work seamlessly with Roku TV. The first partners under the program are TCL North America and Sound United.
News categories: Roku, Sound United, TCL, Mark Ely, Brendon Stead, Chris Larson, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
1 in 8 smart TVs sold in the U.S. runs Roku OS
Jan 3, 2017 – Roku has announced that industry data reveals incredible momentum for the Roku TV program in just two years since its launch. As of Dec. 2016 following launch into Mexico, there were 100 Roku TV models available in the North American market.
News categories: Roku, Element Electronics, TCL, Chas Smith, Vlad Kazhdan, Chris Larson, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
4K TCL Roku TVs available to buy in the U.S.
Mar 24, 2016 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of its 4K Ultra HD TCL Roku TV models for the U.S. The smart TVs integrate the Roku OS and include six models that bring together the latest in TV design, advanced connectivity and 4K content.
News categories: TCL, Roku, Chris Larson, Chas Smith, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers