Digital TV News: Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement
CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
Jan 19, 2023 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM), the 4A's and the TVB have launched a study focused on developing an action plan for supporting the evolution of local TV measurement in the U.S. market.
News categories: CIMM, 4A's, TVB, Sequent Partners, Jon Watts, Ashwini Karandikar, Hadassa Gerber, Betsy Rella, Keith Kazerman, Patti Cohen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
Dec 1, 2021 – The CIMM has announced an initiative to develop a Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers offering a landscape of the Converged TV measurement ecosystem in the U.S., along with a comparative analysis of the companies involved.
News categories: CIMM, Jane Clarke, Jon Watts, Alan Wolk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CIMM and the ARF release media measurement Lexicon 4.0
Nov 3, 2021 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) and the ARF (Advertising Research Foundation) have released the fourth iteration of a common language for media measurement, Lexicon 4.0, which includes a compilation of terms and definitions for the industry.
News categories: CIMM, Advertising Research Foundation, Jane Clarke, Paul Donato, Advertising, USA, Worldwide
CIMM identifies best ways to combine STB and Smart TV data
Jan 28, 2021 – The CIMM has released a study identifying best practices for integration of STB and Smart TV data. The combination comes closer to creating nationally representative data sets for linear and streaming TV programming and advertising use cases.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement adds 12 new members
May 5, 2020 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) has announced that Ampersand, Charter, Data ImpacX, Dativa, IRI, Janus Strategy & Insights, LiveRamp, New York Interconnect, Sequent Partners, Tru Optik, TVSquared and VideoAmp have joined.
News categories: CIMM, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CIMM launches best practices study on combining Smart TV and STB data
May 1, 2020 – CIMM has announced the launch of a study to develop best practices in building large scale, granular data sets to measure all forms of TV viewing by combining the anonymous viewing data from both Smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
VideoAmp extends TV viewership data access via partnership with TiVo
Dec 16, 2019 – VideoAmp is partnering with TiVo to allow it to combine TV viewership data from Smart TVs (ACR) with the same from cable and satellite set-top boxes. The expanded data set extends VideoAmp’s TV Viewership data pool to cover 25 million devices in 19 million U.S. households.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Randy Laughlin, Walt Horstman, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
TVision raises $6.8m for attention-based ad measurement
Oct 26, 2016 – TVision has secured $6.8M in funding to expand operations. TVision captures TV and OTT video attention data passively using sensor-based technology and algorithms to detect actual eyes-on-screen.
News categories: TVision Insights, Accomplice, Jane Clarke, Ryan Moore, Advertising, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania