Digital TV News: DBCDE
Australia Passes Digital Switchover Legislation
Jun 25, 2010 – The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has welcomed the passage through Parliament yesterday of the Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Digital Television) Bill 2010.
News categories: Australia, Regulation, Terrestrial
Australia releases National Broadband Network Implementation Study
May 6, 2010 – The Australian Government has released the National Broadband Network Implementation Study. The NBN will expand the possibilities for service providers to deliver video services to end users.
News categories: DBCDE, Australia, Content Distribution, IPTV, Regulation, Streaming
Australia releases 3rd Digital Tracker Survey
Nov 20, 2009 – Australia's Digital Switchover Taskforce has announced the publication of the 3rd Digital Tracker Survey, a quarterly analysis of national digital television take-up, awareness and attitudes.
News categories: Digital Switchover Taskforce, DBCDE, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Australia releases Digital Tracker survey report
May 22, 2009 – The Digital Tracker Survey measures the national uptake of digital television and Australians' awareness and attitudes towards the switchover to digital TV.
News categories: Digital Switchover Taskforce, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Australia - Conroy sets Digital TV switchover timetable
Oct 19, 2008 – Australia's Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has released the timetable for the switchover to digital television.
News categories: Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
Australia's digital switchover date confirmed
Dec 18, 2007 – Senator the Hon Stephen Conroy, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, has confirmed that the first firm steps had been taken on the road to completing switchover by the end of 2013.
News categories: Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Australia, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools