Digital TV News: Dan Cohen
Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
Oct 21, 2021 – The Foxtel Group has announced agreements with ViacomCBS to provide movies, TV series and channels, along with integration of the Paramount+ and 10 Play apps onto Foxtel STBs in 2022 for Australia.
News categories: Foxtel, ViacomCBS, Patrick Delany, Amanda Laing, Dan Cohen, Jarrod Villani, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
May 7, 2021 – Sky Media has a launched a pilot for its Shoppable Ads proposition with Sky Mobile. Sky Mobile’s addressable TV ads will feature a unique QR code that drives TV viewers online to the brand’s website.
News categories: Sky Media, Sky, Dan Cohen, Pierre Coppin, Advertising, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, UK
Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
Aug 23, 2016 – Disney Movies Anywhere has announced that Fios by Verizon customers in the U.S. can connect their digital movie collections across the Disney Movies Anywhere ecosystem and watch them from the living room or a wide array of mobile devices.
News categories: Disney, Verizon, Dan Cohen, Tricia Lynch, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
ZillonTV Unveils Personalized Television Service
Mar 4, 2009 – Through agreements with major Hollywood studios, TV networks and Visa, the ZillionTV Service will offer an extensive array of entertainment; advertising opportunities; and, television commerce, enabling consumers to make purchases through their TV.
News categories: ZillionTV, Advertising, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia