Digital TV News: Dato' Rohana Rozhan
Astro launches Tribe OTT video service in Indonesia
Mar 18, 2016 – Astro Malaysia has announced the launch of Tribe, a differentiated OTT video service for the region. Astro partnered with Axiata Digital Services for the first launch of the service, in Indonesia.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Tribe, Axiata Digital Services, Dato' Rohana Rozhan, Iskandar Samad, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Malaysia's Astro launches 'Astro On-The-Go' for iPad
May 30, 2012 – Astro On-The-Go is initially available to Astro customers as a free preview on the iPad. The commercial roll out starts on 1 September 2012. During this phase, Astro On-The-Go will be extended to Android devices.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Astro B.yond IPTV launches in Malaysia
Apr 20, 2011 – Astro, in collaboration with TIME dotCom Berhad (TIME), has launched Astro B.yond IPTV, a multiplay offering of Astro channels in HD with Personal Video Recording (PVR), and VOD services delivered via TIME's 100% fibre broadband offering.
News categories: Astro TV, TIME dotCom, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Malaysia, Satellite
ASTRO, TIME to combine TV and broadband in Malaysia
Dec 21, 2010 – Astro and TIME dotCom Berhad (TIME) have entered into a partnership to jointly bring the best of TV and broadband services for the benefit of customers.
News categories: ASTRO, Time dotCom, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
ASTRO Malaysia adds 55,000; Sun Direct India adds 100,000 subscribers in latest quarter
Mar 30, 2010 – ASTRO has announced results for the year ended 31 January 2010. Over the year, pay-TV in Malaysia gained 284,000 net new customers, to reach 2.93 million. In India, Sun Direct registered 1.6 million net new customers, to reach 4.1 million.
News categories: ASTRO TV, Sun Direct TV, India, Malaysia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
ASTRO selects Pace set-top box for Malaysia's first HD service
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the set-top box technology to support the launch of Malaysia's first high-definition (HD) service. ASTRO has selected Pace for the premium service, which launched in December 2009.
News categories: Pace plc, ASTRO TV, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
ASTRO brings Next Generation Entertainment to Malaysian homes
Dec 11, 2009 – Astro has launched ASTRO B.yond, a multi-phased innovative service starting with the first ever High Definition (HD) broadcast, setting yet another new benchmark in Malaysia's broadcast industry.
News categories: Astro TV, Digital TV, DVR, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution