Digital TV News: David Gold
Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
May 17, 2022 – Hisense and Amazon Fire TV have announce the U6HF, Hisense’s first smart TV with Amazon Fire TV built-in. Available exclusively at Amazon.com, the new 50” smart TV will offer Fire TV's experience alongside the intelligence of Alexa.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Hisense ULED ATSC 3.0 TVs to support Advanced HDR
Feb 3, 2022 – During CES, Hisense announced that it is collaborating with ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor for integration into upcoming ULED TVs. Consumers that tune in to Sinclair ATSC 3.0 stations on Hisense TVs will be able to enjoy TV transmitted in HDR.
News categories: Technicolor, Hisense, Sinclair Broadcast, Tony Bozzini, David Gold, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
Oct 19, 2021 – Comcast has launched XClass TV, extending the reach of its technology to smart TVs. Comcast's entertainment platform is now available without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast service areas.
News categories: Comcast, Hisense, Sam Schwartz, David Gold, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
Jul 26, 2021 – The 8K Association has revealed that there are now over seventy 8K TVs certified by the 8KA. This includes nearly 50 models launched in the first half of 2021 from three of the world's top TV brands – Hisense, Samsung, and TCL.
News categories: 8K Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense Smart TVs certified WiSA Ready
Mar 18, 2021 – WiSA (NASDAQ: WISA) has announced that Hisense's premier 2021 TV models have been certified WiSA Ready. This allows for connection to WiSA-compliant USB transmitters and speakers for home cinema.
News categories: WiSA, Hisense, Tony Ostrom, David Gold, Smart TV, USA
Hisense shows ULED-powered 2019 product lineup at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – Hisense has revealed its 2019 product lineup at CES, debuting Android TV and Roku TV sets that expand Hisense's portfolio. Hisense is the fastest growing TV brand of the top 6 brands in the U.S. according to NPD Group.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data