Digital TV News: David Zaslav
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
Discovery Communications and BAMTech announce European partnership
Nov 1, 2016 – Discovery Communications and BAMTech have announced the formation of BAMTech Europe. The new entity will provide digital technology services to sports, news and entertainment clients in Europe. Eurosport Digital will become the first client.
News categories: Discovery Communications, MLB, Eurosport, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Bob Bowman, Ralph Rivera, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, OTT
Discovery, Sony And IMAX Plan To Launch 3D TV Network In U.S.
Jan 5, 2010 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) and IMAX (NASDAQ: IMAX; TSX: IMX) have announced a joint venture to be established to develop the first 24/7 dedicated 3D television network in the U.S.
News categories: Sony Corp, IMAX, Discovery, Digital TV, USA, VR
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming
- Conviva releases Q1 2021 State of Streaming report
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 491,000 in 1Q 2021
- HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 230,000 in 1Q 2021
- Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland