Digital TV News: David Zaslav
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
Discovery Communications and BAMTech announce European partnership
Nov 1, 2016 – Discovery Communications and BAMTech have announced the formation of BAMTech Europe. The new entity will provide digital technology services to sports, news and entertainment clients in Europe. Eurosport Digital will become the first client.
News categories: Discovery Communications, MLB, Eurosport, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Bob Bowman, Ralph Rivera, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, OTT
Discovery, Sony And IMAX Plan To Launch 3D TV Network In U.S.
Jan 5, 2010 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) and IMAX (NASDAQ: IMAX; TSX: IMX) have announced a joint venture to be established to develop the first 24/7 dedicated 3D television network in the U.S.
News categories: Sony Corp, IMAX, Discovery, Digital TV, USA, VR
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico