Digital TV News: David Zaslav
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
Discovery Communications and BAMTech announce European partnership
Nov 1, 2016 – Discovery Communications and BAMTech have announced the formation of BAMTech Europe. The new entity will provide digital technology services to sports, news and entertainment clients in Europe. Eurosport Digital will become the first client.
News categories: Discovery Communications, MLB, Eurosport, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Bob Bowman, Ralph Rivera, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, OTT
Discovery, Sony And IMAX Plan To Launch 3D TV Network In U.S.
Jan 5, 2010 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) and IMAX (NASDAQ: IMAX; TSX: IMX) have announced a joint venture to be established to develop the first 24/7 dedicated 3D television network in the U.S.
News categories: Sony Corp, IMAX, Discovery, Digital TV, USA, VR
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV