Digital TV News: David Zaslav
Discovery ended Q2 with 17 million direct-to-consumer subscribers
Aug 3, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. The company had 17 million paying direct-to-consumer subscribers at the end of the quarter.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Streaming, Turkey, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, Streaming, UK, USA, Worldwide
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Discovery Communications and BAMTech announce European partnership
Nov 1, 2016 – Discovery Communications and BAMTech have announced the formation of BAMTech Europe. The new entity will provide digital technology services to sports, news and entertainment clients in Europe. Eurosport Digital will become the first client.
News categories: Discovery Communications, MLB, Eurosport, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Bob Bowman, Ralph Rivera, Digital TV, Europe, Mobile, Streaming
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030