Digital TV News: Ed Davis
LG announces world's first Eyesafe-certified TV display
Jan 6, 2021 – LG Display and Eyesafe have announced the world's first Eyesafe Certified TV display. The display was designed to meet Eyesafe requirements for low emissions of blue light and optimal color performance.
News categories: Eyesafe, LG Display, TUV Rheinland, Justin Barrett, Davis Lee, Dr. David Friess, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Kalyan Varma, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
Jul 28, 2020 – OpenAP has announced a partnership with iSpot to enable activation of attribution and OTT measurement for ad campaigns in the OpenAP Market. OpenAP members include AMC Networks, FOX, NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS, Univision and The Weather Channel.
News categories: OpenAP, iSpot, Ed Davis, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
Oct 8, 2019 – OpenAP, the advanced advertising company owned by Fox Corporation, NBCUniversal and Viacom, has launched OpenAP Market, a marketplace that offers video advertising inventory and audience-based buying across the largest collection of digital and linear TV programming.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Meredith Brace, Krishan Bhatia, John Halley, AJ Kintner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
Oct 17, 2017 – true[X] and Innovid have announced a partnership that powers Engagement Ads for living room TV devices. The partnership has launched with engagement-powered viewing for FX Network’s Fall 2017 content on the Roku platform and is available to all true[X] long-form video partners.
News categories: Innovid, true[X], Tal Chalozin, Ed Davis, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Intel Opens Software App Store, Offers New Intel Atom Chips
Sep 14, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) outlined its forthcoming Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, the next-generation CE SoC that enables 3-D-TV video, 'sync-and-go,' and power-saving capabilities for a 'smart TV' experience.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia