Digital TV News: Ed Davis
LG announces world's first Eyesafe-certified TV display
Jan 6, 2021 – LG Display and Eyesafe have announced the world's first Eyesafe Certified TV display. The display was designed to meet Eyesafe requirements for low emissions of blue light and optimal color performance.
News categories: Eyesafe, LG Display, TUV Rheinland, Justin Barrett, Davis Lee, Dr. David Friess, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Kalyan Varma, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
Jul 28, 2020 – OpenAP has announced a partnership with iSpot to enable activation of attribution and OTT measurement for ad campaigns in the OpenAP Market. OpenAP members include AMC Networks, FOX, NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS, Univision and The Weather Channel.
News categories: OpenAP, iSpot, Ed Davis, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
Oct 8, 2019 – OpenAP, the advanced advertising company owned by Fox Corporation, NBCUniversal and Viacom, has launched OpenAP Market, a marketplace that offers video advertising inventory and audience-based buying across the largest collection of digital and linear TV programming.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Meredith Brace, Krishan Bhatia, John Halley, AJ Kintner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
Oct 17, 2017 – true[X] and Innovid have announced a partnership that powers Engagement Ads for living room TV devices. The partnership has launched with engagement-powered viewing for FX Network’s Fall 2017 content on the Roku platform and is available to all true[X] long-form video partners.
News categories: Innovid, true[X], Tal Chalozin, Ed Davis, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Intel Opens Software App Store, Offers New Intel Atom Chips
Sep 14, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) outlined its forthcoming Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, the next-generation CE SoC that enables 3-D-TV video, 'sync-and-go,' and power-saving capabilities for a 'smart TV' experience.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand