Digital TV News: Erick Opeka
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
Jun 4, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with Vewd offering Cinedigm’s portfolio of streaming entertainment networks on Vewd-enabled devices. The move further extends Cinedigm’s reach and distribution worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Vewd, Tony Huidor, Erick Opeka, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
Mar 15, 2019 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Future Today, an OTT platform and one of the largest AVOD channel networks in the world, for $45 million in cash and $15 million in Cinedigm common stock.
News categories: Cinedigm, Future Today, Chris McGurk, Erick Opeka, Alok Ranjan, Vikrant Mathur, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm selects Amagi cloud playout to bring CONtv to Twitch
Feb 22, 2018 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has deployed the company’s cloud-based channel playout platform, CLOUDPORT, to bring its CONtv channel to the popular social video service Twitch.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, CONtv, Srinivasan KA, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm selects Verizon Digital Media Services for linear stream distribution
Apr 12, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that it has selected Verizon Digital Media Services to power the streaming and syndication of linear content for its portfolio of over the top digital networks.
News categories: Cinedigm, Verizon Digital Media Services, Erick Opeka, Ralf Jacob, Content Distribution, Streaming, USA
Cinedigm selects Limelight CDN
Apr 10, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) have announced that Cinedigm will use Limelight’s CDN to prepare, store and deliver movies and TV shows to users of its OTT networks.
News categories: Limelight, Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Cinedigm adds support for FairPlay, Widevine and PlayReady protection
Apr 6, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that the company will support Apple FairPlay, Google Widevine, and Microsoft PlayReady content protection across its entire installed base of devices and applications.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Content Protection, Streaming, USA
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December