Digital TV News: Erick Opeka
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
Jun 4, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with Vewd offering Cinedigm’s portfolio of streaming entertainment networks on Vewd-enabled devices. The move further extends Cinedigm’s reach and distribution worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Vewd, Tony Huidor, Erick Opeka, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
Mar 15, 2019 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Future Today, an OTT platform and one of the largest AVOD channel networks in the world, for $45 million in cash and $15 million in Cinedigm common stock.
News categories: Cinedigm, Future Today, Chris McGurk, Erick Opeka, Alok Ranjan, Vikrant Mathur, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm selects Amagi cloud playout to bring CONtv to Twitch
Feb 22, 2018 – Amagi has announced that Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has deployed the company’s cloud-based channel playout platform, CLOUDPORT, to bring its CONtv channel to the popular social video service Twitch.
News categories: Amagi, Cinedigm, CONtv, Srinivasan KA, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm selects Verizon Digital Media Services for linear stream distribution
Apr 12, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that it has selected Verizon Digital Media Services to power the streaming and syndication of linear content for its portfolio of over the top digital networks.
News categories: Cinedigm, Verizon Digital Media Services, Erick Opeka, Ralf Jacob, Content Distribution, Streaming, USA
Cinedigm selects Limelight CDN
Apr 10, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) have announced that Cinedigm will use Limelight’s CDN to prepare, store and deliver movies and TV shows to users of its OTT networks.
News categories: Limelight, Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Cinedigm adds support for FairPlay, Widevine and PlayReady protection
Apr 6, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that the company will support Apple FairPlay, Google Widevine, and Microsoft PlayReady content protection across its entire installed base of devices and applications.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Content Protection, Streaming, USA
Cinedigm extends device support to Chromecast, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 31, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced plans to extend the availability of its OTT services by supporting Google’s Chromecast and Android TV Platforms, as well as Amazon Fire TV for the first time.
News categories: Cinedigm, Erick Opeka, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor