Digital TV News: Frank Giersberg
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany fell in 2022
Feb 15, 2023 – According to VAUNET, daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany in 2022 rose by 37 minutes to 9 hours and 43 minutes compared to pre-pandemic year 2019, yet fell by 17 minutes on the previous year.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Johannes Leibiger, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, TV Services
German study shows high losses from TV piracy
Jan 25, 2023 – According to a study commissioned by VAUNET, a total of 5.9 million people in Germany regularly watched illegal live TV streams in 2022, with live TV piracy largely replacing the use of legal TV services.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Audio and audiovisual media revenues in Germany to exceed €15 billion
Oct 19, 2022 – This year, the total turnover of the audio and audiovisual media in Germany is expected to rise slightly by 2.5% and exceed €15 billion for the first time (2021: €14.8 billion), according to VAUNET.
News categories: VAUNET, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, TV Services
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany now at 10 hours
Feb 3, 2022 – For the first time, people aged 14 and over in Germany consumed audiovisual media for an average of 10 hours per day, according to the VAUNET Media Usage Analysis for 2021, compiled by the VAUNET Association of Private Media.
News categories: VAUNET, Johannes Leibiger, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
Jul 27, 2021 – The market for pay TV and paid video ion Germany continues to show highly-dynamic growth according to VAUNET. Revenues generated by pay TV und paid VoD reached a total volume of 4.2 billion euros in 2020.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Hannes Heyelmann, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
More and more Germans taking pay TV and VOD subscriptions
Jul 21, 2020 – According to VAUNET the number of pay-TV subscribers in Germany rose to 8 million in 2019 (2018: 7.8 million), with SVoD consumers numbering 13.4 million in the final quarter (Q4 2018: 6.9 mill.).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Katharina Behrends, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Tewes, Tim Werner, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
VAUNET forecast for the German media market in 2019
Oct 23, 2019 – For the first time, audiovisual media in Germany will, according to VAUNET, realise a turnover of more than €13 billion in 2019. VAUNET is forecasting revenue growth of 4.7% or €579 million for the full year to reach a total of €13.02 billion.
News categories: VAUNET, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Germans watching more than 5 hours of video and TV each day
Jan 22, 2019 – According to VAUNET's Media Usage Analysis, during 2018 audiovisual media usage by Germans rose to over nine hours a day for the first time. Radio and TV continued to be by far the most frequently consumed types of media.
News categories: VAUNET, Dr. Harald Flemming, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024