Digital TV News: Fredrik Jejdling
Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
Jun 16, 2021 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that 5G mobile subscriptions will exceed 580 million by the end of 2021. The forecast enhances the expectation that 5G will become the fastest adopted mobile generation.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
Nov 30, 2020 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that four out of every ten mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G. Current 5G uptake confirms the technology as deploying the fastest of any generation of mobile connectivity.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ericsson releases November 2019 Mobility Report
Nov 25, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) expects average monthly data-traffic-per-smartphone to increase from the current figure of 7.2 GB to 24 GB by the end of 2025, in part driven by new consumer behavior, such as Virtual Reality (VR) streaming.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, VR, Worldwide
Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
Jun 11, 2019 – Rapid early momentum and enthusiasm for 5G has led Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to forecast an extra 400 million enhanced mobile broadband subscriptions globally by the end of 2024. The company now forecasts 1.9 billion 5G subscriptions – up from 1.5 billion forecast in November 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G estimated to reach 1.5 billion subscriptions in 2024
Nov 27, 2018 – 5G is expected to reach more than 40% global population coverage and 1.5 billion subscriptions for enhanced mobile broadband by the end of 2024, according to the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Ericsson releases June 2018 Mobility Report
Jun 12, 2018 – Rollouts of 5G and larger than previously forecast deployments of cellular IoT are focal points in the latest edition of the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report. The forecast for cellular IoT connections has nearly doubled since November 2017.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device