Digital TV News: Fredrik Jejdling
Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
Jun 16, 2021 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that 5G mobile subscriptions will exceed 580 million by the end of 2021. The forecast enhances the expectation that 5G will become the fastest adopted mobile generation.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
Nov 30, 2020 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) projects that four out of every ten mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G. Current 5G uptake confirms the technology as deploying the fastest of any generation of mobile connectivity.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Gaming, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ericsson releases November 2019 Mobility Report
Nov 25, 2019 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) expects average monthly data-traffic-per-smartphone to increase from the current figure of 7.2 GB to 24 GB by the end of 2025, in part driven by new consumer behavior, such as Virtual Reality (VR) streaming.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
Ericsson Mobility Report: 5G uptake even faster than expected
Jun 11, 2019 – Rapid early momentum and enthusiasm for 5G has led Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to forecast an extra 400 million enhanced mobile broadband subscriptions globally by the end of 2024. The company now forecasts 1.9 billion 5G subscriptions – up from 1.5 billion forecast in November 2018.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
5G estimated to reach 1.5 billion subscriptions in 2024
Nov 27, 2018 – 5G is expected to reach more than 40% global population coverage and 1.5 billion subscriptions for enhanced mobile broadband by the end of 2024, according to the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Ericsson releases June 2018 Mobility Report
Jun 12, 2018 – Rollouts of 5G and larger than previously forecast deployments of cellular IoT are focal points in the latest edition of the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report. The forecast for cellular IoT connections has nearly doubled since November 2017.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader