Digital TV News: Gehua Cable
Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
Oct 26, 2021 – ATEME has announced that Beijing Gehua Cable (BGC) has deployed ATEME encoders to upgrade its cable TV service. The update delivers greater stability and video quality for viewers, while reducing BGC’s energy footprint.
News categories: ATEME, Gehua Cable, Xiao Zhang, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
STMicroelectronics to Supply STB Chip to Beijing Gehua Cable TV Network
Oct 20, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that Beijing Gehua Cable Television Network, a cable TV operator in Beijing, China, has selected ST's integrated HD Cable Modem chip to deploy in set-top boxes to all of its subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gehua Cable, Cable Modem, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia's Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 – An analysis of China's pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world's largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
Coship wins HD cable STB tender at Gehua CATV in Beijing
Jun 9, 2011 – Coship Electronics (Shenzhen: 002052) has issued a public filing saying that its subsidiary Beijing Coship Times Technology has won a RMB372 million cable set-top box contract from Beijing-based cable operator Gehua CATV Network (Shanghai: 600037).
News categories: Coship, Gehua Cable, Cable TV, China, Set Top Box
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor
Broadcom and Skyworth-Hitune Build HD Set-Top Boxes for Gehua Cable
Mar 22, 2010 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a partnership with Skyworth-Hitune (HKSE: 0751), a leading Chinese set-top box (STB) manufacturer, to deliver high definition (HD) set-top boxes to Beijing Gehua Cable, a leading Chinese cable provider.
News categories: Broadcom, Skyworth, Gehua Cable, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Beijing DTV Subs Reach 1.16 mln
Dec 14, 2007 – As of December 7, Gehua Cable have converted 1.16 million users in 1,106 communities in the Dongcheng, Xicheng, Chongwen, Xuanwu, Chaoyang, Haidian, Fengtai, Shijingshan, Changping, Daxing and Tongzhou areas of Beijing.
News categories: Gehua Cable, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania