Digital TV News: Greg Fischer
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
Oct 18, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a new 4x4 802.11ac Wave2 solution which enables significantly better range performance in addition to video over Wi-Fi acceleration capability.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces G.fast SoC for home gateways
Oct 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced advanced G.fast capabilities for its BCM63138 gateway SoC to allow telcos to deliver Gigabit-class services to subscribers. The G.fast digital subscriber line (DSL) standard is capable of supporting data rates in excess of 1Gbps.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Broadband, CPE, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Broadcom to Demonstrate Innovative Impulse Noise Protection Technology at Broadband World Forum
Oct 4, 2007 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) will demonstrate its innovative impulse noise protection technology at next week's Broadband World Forum in Berlin, Germany.
News categories: Broadcom, BBWF, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden