Digital TV News: HD FORUM
Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
Oct 20, 2020 – The Ultra HD Forum has released Version 2.4 of its Guidelines adding more on live OTT distribution, and its online UHD service tracker has received an upgrade. A watermarking API is due before the end of the year.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Benjamin Schwarz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases Phase A Guidelines v1.5
Sep 14, 2018 – The Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) has released a major Phase A Guidelines update. Version 1.5 is the fifth public release and reflects another intense year of collective industry experience. The Ultra HD Forum promotes best practices for the delivery of UHD.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases UHD Phase B Guidelines at NAB 2018
Apr 7, 2018 – The Ultra HD Forum has announced the release of Phase B guidelines. The Guidelines cover Content aware encoding, Dual-layer HDR technologies, Dynamic HDR metadata systems, High frame rate and Next generation audio.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum Guidelines updated to add forensic watermarking
Apr 21, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released UHD Forum Guidelines version 1.3 including a new forensic watermarking chapter. This chapter is the result of a collaboration with leading watermarking technologies providers.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases updated deployment guidelines
Jan 5, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released version 1.2 of its Ultra HD Phase A industry guidelines. This revision builds on best practices and lessons learned in 2016 and feedback on previous versions of the guidelines.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022