Digital TV News: HKT
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Now TV introduces 'Now H1' Android TV box
May 24, 2022 – Now TV (SEHK:6823) has launched Now H1, a smart device that runs on the Android TV OS and enables Now H1 users to enjoy a world of entertainment with Now TV movies, drama, sports and edutainment, as well as all their favourite personal apps from Google Play.
News categories: HKT, Google, Now TV, Derek Choi, Michael Yue, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
PCCW Global delivers 360° VR sport with Harmonic
Apr 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its Electra VS video system was used by PCCW Global to deliver immersive 360-degree, virtual reality (VR) experiences live during the 2017 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament April 7-9.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW Global, Tony Berthaud, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, Metaverse, NABShow
PCCW and Türk Telekom to explore joint business opportunities
May 4, 2016 – PCCW Global and Türk Telekom International (TTI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore service portfolio and geographic synergies between the two telecommunications companies.
News categories: PCCW Global, Türk Telekom, Marc Halbfinger, Cengiz Oztelcan, Cable TV, IPTV, Turkey
Hong Kong's now TV and Netflix announce partnership
Mar 17, 2016 – now TV and Netflix have announced a partnership that will start delivering Netflix to customers in Hong Kong through now TV's set-top boxes and the new 4K all-in-one appliance 'now one' from the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: PCCW, Netflix, now TV, Loke Kheng Tham, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
NETVIGATOR and NOW TV launch 4K all-in-one TV appliance
Mar 14, 2016 – NETVIGATOR (HKT) and NOW TV (PCCW Media) have introduced 'Now One', an integrated 4K all-in-one appliance. Now One delivers a wide range of features including 4K UHD, IPTV, DTT, OTT, PVR and Near Field Communication (NFC) in one box.
News categories: PCCW Media, HKT, NETVIGATOR, now TV, Janice Lee, Alex Arena, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
ONTAPtv OTT VOD service launches in South Africa
Sep 16, 2015 – PCCW Global has announced the launch of ONTAPtv.com, an OTT VoD entertainment service for South Africa. With a selection of à la carte content packages, the service is available either using a browser or via Android and iOS apps.
News categories: PCCW, ONTAPtv.com, Marc Halbfinger, Lindsay Servian, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa, Streaming
Hong Kong Television launches OTT entertainment platform
Nov 19, 2014 – Hong Kong Television Network (HKTV) has announced OTT TV platform combining entertainment with online shopping. The service is avilable via connected devices such as smart TVs, Android TV boxes, game consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
News categories: Hong Kong Television, Ricky Wong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Streaming
Thomson Portable Media Center selected by PCCW
Jun 10, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it has been selected by PCCW Hong Kong to provide a unique WiFi enabled portable device as the platform for PCCW's second generation 'eye service', a multimedia over IP to the home service.
News categories: Thomson, PCCW, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Smart Home, Tablet
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028