Digital TV News: Harald Rösch
EQT acquires Maltese telecom operator Melita
May 23, 2019 – EQT has signed an agreement to acquire Melita from Apax Partners and Fortino Capital. Melita services customers on Malta with mainly four types of products: Gigabit broadband services, mobile and fixed telephony as well as TV services.
News categories: Melita, EQT, Harald Rösch, Ulrich Köllensperger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MandA
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MandA
NDS Powers Hybrid VOD Service at Kabel BW
Mar 1, 2011 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW's new DVB-C-based VOD system is based on NDS' MediaHighway® set-top box (STB) software and VOD technology.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland 3D service to launch October 2010
Sep 2, 2010 – Following on from the first ever HD 3D live football broadcast in Germany, Sky Deutschland (XETRA: SKYD.DE) is again the first to bring the experience of 3D to homes all across Germany and Austria with the launch of the new service this October.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, VR
Kabel BW Selects NDS Middleware, XTV™ DVR and VOD Solutions
May 26, 2009 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW has chosen NDS' MediaHighway® set-top-box middleware, NDS XTV™ DVR technology and a VOD solution from NDS to extend the capabilities of Kabel BW's service offering and technology infrastructure.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX