Digital TV News: Hrushikesh Mahananda
China pay TV market to remain stagnant between 2021 and 2026
Mar 2, 2022 – According to GlobalData, Pay TV services revenue in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.6% from $35.1bn in 2021 to $36.2bn in 2026, due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and a drop in average revenue per subscription.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
Japan SVOD revenue to grow to $6.3bn in 2025
Nov 16, 2021 – VOD service revenue in Japan is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.7% from $2.8bn in 2020 to $6.3bn in 2025, driven by increasing SVOD subscriptions and steady rise in average monthly revenue per SVOD household, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research, Streaming
Pay TV revenue in India to grow at a lethargic 0.9% CAGR
Apr 23, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in India is expected to grow at a negligible CAGR of 0.9% from US$3bn in 2020 to US$3.1bn in 2025 due to a steady decline in cable TV subscriptions and falling ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Digital TV, India, Market Research
IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
Oct 14, 2019 – GlobalData expects that a rise in IPTV subscriptions and increasing ARPU will drive growth in pay-TV service revenues in Japan through 2023. Fixed broadband expansion and rising adoption of OTT services will also increase revenue.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV