Digital TV News: Hypothesis Group
Roku celebrates 70 million active accounts
Jan 5, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its global active accounts now exceed 70 million, up from 60.1 million in Q4 2021. Streaming hours were 23.9 billion in Q4 and 87.4 billion for full year 2022, a 19% increase Y-o-Y.
News categories: Roku, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Roku unveils Roku TV OLED reference design
Jan 4, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Roku TV OLED TV reference design, available to all Roku TV partners. Since the first Roku TV model, 11 Roku TV reference designs have gone into production – from 2K, to 4K, to 8K, and now OLED.
News categories: Roku, Tom McFarland, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Roku launches Roku-branded TVs for the U.S. market
Jan 4, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the launch of Roku Select and Roku Plus Series TVs. These Roku-branded HD and 4K TVs, the first to be both designed and made by Roku, will be available in the U.S. in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Roku introduces The Roku Channel in Mexico
Oct 13, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of The Roku Channel in Mexico. The Roku Channel is a free streaming channel available on Roku devices that offers users access to thousands of movies and TV episodes.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
Sep 29, 2022 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) will enable four-screen measurement for the first time across traditional TV, connected TV, desktop, and mobile in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings.
News categories: Nielsen, Roku, Asaf Davidov, Kim Gilberti, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
May 25, 2022 – Roku and Walmart Canada have announced the launch of onn. Roku TV models. The TVs will be available in Canada and sold exclusively in-store and online at Walmart starting this month.
News categories: Roku, Walmart, Marcin Lempka, Mallory Craigmile, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX
CNN+ launches on the Roku platform in the U.S.
Apr 11, 2022 – CNN+ has launched in the United States on the Roku platform. The Roku channel store will contain both the CNN+ subscription service app and access to the existing TV everywhere experience for pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Roku, CNN+, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Roku launches advertising business in Mexico
Feb 2, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced the expansion of its advertising business to Mexico, allowing brands and content providers to reach consumers through ad-supported content on its TV streaming platform.
News categories: Roku, Mirjam Laux, Advertising, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December