Digital TV News: Ilse Howling
Freeview Play to launch in UK on Panasonic TVs next month
Sep 3, 2015 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced that the new Freeview Play connected TV service, the next generation of the UK’s biggest TV platform, will launch in October. Panasonic televisions will be the first to introduce the service.
News categories: Freeview, Digital UK, Panasonic, Guy North, Caroline Thomson, Andrew Denham, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Manhattan developing a range of Freeview Play set-top boxes
Jun 23, 2015 – Digital UK and Freeview have announced that set-top box manufacturer Manhattan TV will launch a range of Freeview Play products early next year. The UK-owned company will offer a standalone receiver (T3) and two digital recorders (T3-R).
News categories: Manhattan, Digital UK, Freeview, Abbas Arbab-Zadeh, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Panasonic first with Freeview Play TVs
Feb 23, 2015 – Digital UK and Freeview have announced that Panasonic will be the first manufacturer to launch TVs featuring the Freeview Play connected TV service. Panasonic will make Freeview Play available in its new 2015 line-up of VIERA TVs.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Panasonic, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Digital TV Labs announces world’s first HbbTV 2.0 test suite
Dec 1, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced an HbbTV 2.0 Test Suite developed to support Digital UK’s Freeview connected service. Digital TV Labs' Ligada iSuite covers components of HbbTV 2.0, DVB DASH, Microsoft PlayReady DRM and HTML5 as well as those specific to the Freeview service.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital UK, Keith Potter, Ilse Howling, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
Nov 26, 2014 – Digital UK has announced the signing of contracts to build and test its Freeview-branded connected TV service. Digital UK is also now making the technical specification for the service available to manufacturers and content providers.
News categories: Digital UK, Arqiva, Digital TV Labs, Ilse Howling, Charles Constable, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview and Digital UK to develop a new connected TV offer
Jun 5, 2014 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced plans to develop a Freeview-branded connected TV service for the UK which will make the best of broadcast and on-demand TV available free for everyone.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK Freeview homes surpass 11 million
Mar 26, 2013 – FREEVIEW has announced an increase in the number of households using the service on main-set televisions to over 11 million - its highest figure ever. The number of homes with Freeview on a main or second TV set to almost 20 million - 76% of UK television homes.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
EchoStar Launches the World's Slimmest Digital TV Recorder
May 3, 2012 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has launched the world's slimmest digital TV recorder (DTR) for the UK's Freeview service. The Ultra Slim Box (HDT-610R) houses a wealth of smart features inside a sleek, 14mm aluminium chassis.
News categories: Echostar, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview HD Sales Pass Four Million Following Surge in Q4 Sales
Feb 13, 2012 – Freeview in the UK has confirmed that after strong quarterly sales of 1.3 million Freeview HD televisions and boxes, the number of Freeview HD units sold reached 4.4 million by the end of December 2011.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan