Digital TV News: Ilse Howling
Freeview Play to launch in UK on Panasonic TVs next month
Sep 3, 2015 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced that the new Freeview Play connected TV service, the next generation of the UK’s biggest TV platform, will launch in October. Panasonic televisions will be the first to introduce the service.
News categories: Freeview, Digital UK, Panasonic, Guy North, Caroline Thomson, Andrew Denham, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Manhattan developing a range of Freeview Play set-top boxes
Jun 23, 2015 – Digital UK and Freeview have announced that set-top box manufacturer Manhattan TV will launch a range of Freeview Play products early next year. The UK-owned company will offer a standalone receiver (T3) and two digital recorders (T3-R).
News categories: Manhattan, Digital UK, Freeview, Abbas Arbab-Zadeh, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Panasonic first with Freeview Play TVs
Feb 23, 2015 – Digital UK and Freeview have announced that Panasonic will be the first manufacturer to launch TVs featuring the Freeview Play connected TV service. Panasonic will make Freeview Play available in its new 2015 line-up of VIERA TVs.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Panasonic, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Digital TV Labs announces world’s first HbbTV 2.0 test suite
Dec 1, 2014 – Digital TV Labs has announced an HbbTV 2.0 Test Suite developed to support Digital UK’s Freeview connected service. Digital TV Labs' Ligada iSuite covers components of HbbTV 2.0, DVB DASH, Microsoft PlayReady DRM and HTML5 as well as those specific to the Freeview service.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital UK, Keith Potter, Ilse Howling, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
Nov 26, 2014 – Digital UK has announced the signing of contracts to build and test its Freeview-branded connected TV service. Digital UK is also now making the technical specification for the service available to manufacturers and content providers.
News categories: Digital UK, Arqiva, Digital TV Labs, Ilse Howling, Charles Constable, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview and Digital UK to develop a new connected TV offer
Jun 5, 2014 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced plans to develop a Freeview-branded connected TV service for the UK which will make the best of broadcast and on-demand TV available free for everyone.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK Freeview homes surpass 11 million
Mar 26, 2013 – FREEVIEW has announced an increase in the number of households using the service on main-set televisions to over 11 million - its highest figure ever. The number of homes with Freeview on a main or second TV set to almost 20 million - 76% of UK television homes.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
EchoStar Launches the World's Slimmest Digital TV Recorder
May 3, 2012 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has launched the world's slimmest digital TV recorder (DTR) for the UK's Freeview service. The Ultra Slim Box (HDT-610R) houses a wealth of smart features inside a sleek, 14mm aluminium chassis.
News categories: Echostar, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview HD Sales Pass Four Million Following Surge in Q4 Sales
Feb 13, 2012 – Freeview in the UK has confirmed that after strong quarterly sales of 1.3 million Freeview HD televisions and boxes, the number of Freeview HD units sold reached 4.4 million by the end of December 2011.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria