Digital TV News: Jani Huoponen
Chips&Media releases HEVC/VP9 decoder IP with 10bit support
Apr 16, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced the introduction of a multi decoder IP, WAVE412, which provides the industry’s first support for both HEVC (H.265) and WebM VP9 targeted for multimedia SoCs with 4K UHD capability.
News categories: Chips&Media, Jani Huoponen, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
Jun 19, 2013 – VeriSilicon has announced the availability of its Hantro G2 multi-format video decoder IP supporting Ultra HD 4K decoding of HEVC video. The G2 IP also adds support for the upcoming VP9 web video format from the WebM Project.
News categories: VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Freescale Delivers Dramatic Performance Advances for Tablet, Smartphone, eReader, Automotive Infotainment and Other Hot Consumer Markets
Jan 3, 2011 – Freescale has introduced the i.MX 6 series of quad-, dual- and single-core applications processors designed to deliver performance and scalability to manufacturers targeting smart mobile, automotive infotainment and embedded device categories.
News categories: Freescale, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
VeriSilicon Expands SoC Platform with On2 Finland Video IP
May 10, 2010 – VeriSilicon and On2 Finland have announced a wide-ranging partnership that adds the multi-format video encode/decode solutions from On2 Finland to VeriSilicon's expanding, system level star IP portfolio.
News categories: On2, VeriSilicon, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Streaming
On2 takes licence to produce DivX IP Video cores
Sep 15, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and On2 Technologies Finland have announced a license agreement for DivX® technology. The agreement enables On2 to develop hardware-based semiconductor IP video cores capable of decoding high quality DivX Home Theater video.
News categories: DivX, On2, Licensing, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Technologies Introduces Hantro 9170 HD Video Decoder
Apr 9, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE AMEX:ONT) has announced the availability of its ninth-generation hardware video codec design, the Hantro™ 9170. The design supports video playback up to full HD (1080p) resolution at 60 frames per second (fps) in multiple formats.
News categories: On2, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update