Digital TV News: Jennifer Kent
Lack of sports programming drives video service cancellations in the U.S.
Dec 10, 2020 – Parks Associates found that, as of May 2020, 8% of US broadband households cancelled at least one video service due to the COVID-19 crisis, including 4% of that cancelled a traditional pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
Dec 12, 2018 – Parks Associates research finds 28% of U.S. broadband households with a smart speaker with voice assistant use the device to control a smart home device, compared to only 12% that use the device to control an entertainment device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
65% of U.S. broadband households bought at least one CE device in 2017
Aug 2, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, 65% of U.S. broadband households bought at least one CE device in 2017. The company reports that U.S. broadband households now own an average of 8.6 connected computing, mobile, and entertainment devices.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Global OTT video subscriptions to pass 400 million in 2022
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, the number of households worldwide with an OTT video service subscription will exceed 265 million by 2022. The popularity of OTT has driven a steady increase in adoption of smart TVs and streaming media players since 2010.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
User experience becomes key focus for smart TVs and streaming media players
Dec 5, 2017 – A new Market Snapshot from Parks Associates finds that makers of smart TVs and streaming media players are shifting strategies to focus on the user experience (UX) as device sales start to flatten out.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Dina Abdelrazik, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT