Digital TV News: Jennifer Kent
Synamedia extends OTT piracy protection to the CDN
Oct 7, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard, the first solution to protect content across all open platforms - whether mobile, browsers, or smart TVs - and the first to extend service protection to the CDN.
News categories: Synamedia, Nitsan Baider, Janice Pearson, Jennifer Kent, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Lack of sports programming drives video service cancellations in the U.S.
Dec 10, 2020 – Parks Associates found that, as of May 2020, 8% of US broadband households cancelled at least one video service due to the COVID-19 crisis, including 4% of that cancelled a traditional pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
Dec 12, 2018 – Parks Associates research finds 28% of U.S. broadband households with a smart speaker with voice assistant use the device to control a smart home device, compared to only 12% that use the device to control an entertainment device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
65% of U.S. broadband households bought at least one CE device in 2017
Aug 2, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, 65% of U.S. broadband households bought at least one CE device in 2017. The company reports that U.S. broadband households now own an average of 8.6 connected computing, mobile, and entertainment devices.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Global OTT video subscriptions to pass 400 million in 2022
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, the number of households worldwide with an OTT video service subscription will exceed 265 million by 2022. The popularity of OTT has driven a steady increase in adoption of smart TVs and streaming media players since 2010.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
User experience becomes key focus for smart TVs and streaming media players
Dec 5, 2017 – A new Market Snapshot from Parks Associates finds that makers of smart TVs and streaming media players are shifting strategies to focus on the user experience (UX) as device sales start to flatten out.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Dina Abdelrazik, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools