Digital TV News: Jennifer Kent
Lack of sports programming drives video service cancellations in the U.S.
Dec 10, 2020 – Parks Associates found that, as of May 2020, 8% of US broadband households cancelled at least one video service due to the COVID-19 crisis, including 4% of that cancelled a traditional pay-TV service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
Dec 12, 2018 – Parks Associates research finds 28% of U.S. broadband households with a smart speaker with voice assistant use the device to control a smart home device, compared to only 12% that use the device to control an entertainment device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
65% of U.S. broadband households bought at least one CE device in 2017
Aug 2, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, 65% of U.S. broadband households bought at least one CE device in 2017. The company reports that U.S. broadband households now own an average of 8.6 connected computing, mobile, and entertainment devices.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Global OTT video subscriptions to pass 400 million in 2022
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, the number of households worldwide with an OTT video service subscription will exceed 265 million by 2022. The popularity of OTT has driven a steady increase in adoption of smart TVs and streaming media players since 2010.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
User experience becomes key focus for smart TVs and streaming media players
Dec 5, 2017 – A new Market Snapshot from Parks Associates finds that makers of smart TVs and streaming media players are shifting strategies to focus on the user experience (UX) as device sales start to flatten out.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Dina Abdelrazik, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering