Digital TV News: Jim Welsh
WD updates WD TV media player with Miracast
May 27, 2014 – WD (NASDAQ: WDC) has unveiled the new WD TV – Personal Edition, an easy to use Wi-Fi enabled media player that plays virtually any media file stored on USB and network storage devices or any computer on the home network.
News categories: Western Digital, Jim Welsh, Apps, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
WD TV™ HD Media Player brings digital media collections to the big screen
Nov 3, 2008 – WD® (NYSE: WDC) has introduced the WD TV™ Media Player which connects to a user's TV or home theater and plays digital movies, music and photos from WD's My Passport™ portable drive or other USB mass storage device.
News categories: WD, Digital TV, Hardware, Media Player, USA
WD® Delivers Hundreds More Hours to High Definition Tivo® DVRs
Oct 23, 2007 – Expanding consumers' TV recording capabilities by as many as hundreds of hours, WD® (NYSE: WDC) has announced that its My DVR Expander™ external hard drives are verified compatible with TiVo® HD and TiVo Series3™ DVRs (digital video recorders).
News categories: Western Digital (WD), TiVo, Digital TV, DVR, USA
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT