Digital TV News: John H. Gleiter
Broadcom adds 10-bit HEVC to mid-range cable and IP STB SoCs
Sep 11, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced the next generation of its mid-range cable and IPTV set-top box SoCs. The upgraded chips now integrate HEVC, allowing operators to gain bandwidth cost savings as they migrate to cloud based video delivery.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom announces world's first DOCSIS 3.1 cable STB reference design
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's first DOCSIS 3.1 cable set-top box reference design. Broadcom's BCM93390VMS52 combines data delivery at speeds of up to 5Gbps, support for 4K/Ultra HD video decoding and multi-Gigabit Wi-Fi home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, North America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces HEVC STB SoCs for emerging markets
Jun 2, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced a family of integrated system-on-chip devices (SoCs) that add High Definition (HD) High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) for hybrid cable, direct broadcast satellite (DBS), terrestrial and IP set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom adds two Ultra HD SoCs with MoCA 2.0
Mar 2, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced two new Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) system-on-chip (SoC) devices that integrate the advanced Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) 2.0 standard for cable home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom Demonstrates New 65 Nanometer Dual Advanced Video Decoder Chip at CableLabs Winter Conference
Mar 5, 2007 – Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a new dual-channel AVC/MPEG-4/VC- 1/MPEG-2 video decoder system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed in a 65 nanometer process.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019