Digital TV News: John H. Gleiter
Broadcom adds 10-bit HEVC to mid-range cable and IP STB SoCs
Sep 11, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced the next generation of its mid-range cable and IPTV set-top box SoCs. The upgraded chips now integrate HEVC, allowing operators to gain bandwidth cost savings as they migrate to cloud based video delivery.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom announces world's first DOCSIS 3.1 cable STB reference design
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's first DOCSIS 3.1 cable set-top box reference design. Broadcom's BCM93390VMS52 combines data delivery at speeds of up to 5Gbps, support for 4K/Ultra HD video decoding and multi-Gigabit Wi-Fi home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, North America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces HEVC STB SoCs for emerging markets
Jun 2, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced a family of integrated system-on-chip devices (SoCs) that add High Definition (HD) High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) for hybrid cable, direct broadcast satellite (DBS), terrestrial and IP set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom adds two Ultra HD SoCs with MoCA 2.0
Mar 2, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced two new Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) system-on-chip (SoC) devices that integrate the advanced Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) 2.0 standard for cable home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, John H. Gleiter, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom Demonstrates New 65 Nanometer Dual Advanced Video Decoder Chip at CableLabs Winter Conference
Mar 5, 2007 – Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a new dual-channel AVC/MPEG-4/VC- 1/MPEG-2 video decoder system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed in a 65 nanometer process.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media