Digital TV News: Jon Giegengack
Hub Entertainment Research surveys USA TV service value perceptions
Apr 30, 2018 – Hub Entertainment Research has released findings from its annual study on the perceived value of TV services. The results reveal a large gap in perceived value between online TV services and traditional cable, satellite, or fiber optic services.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Jon Giegengack, Peter Fondulas, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA
Online overtakes the STB as the home for favorite TV shows in the U.S.
Nov 8, 2017 – According to Hub Entertainment Research, for the first time since the company's tracking began in 2014, viewers in the U.S. are now more likely to say they watch a recently discovered favorite show from an online source than through their pay TV set-top box.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
vMVPD services haven’t yet caught on in the U.S.
May 8, 2017 – Virtual MVPDs were developed as a less-expensive alternative to traditional MVPD subscriptions. But over the time these services have been available, there’s been no appreciable drop in the number of viewers who subscribe to pay TV, according to Hub Research.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Hub Research confirms viewers prefer to pay for TV networks à la carte
Mar 23, 2017 – Hub’s new study, 'Let’s Get Ready to Bundle,' confirms that consumers would prefer a TV service model where they select, and pay for, only the individual networks they’re most interested in watching.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TV viewers would rather watch ad-supported online TV than pay for a subscription
Sep 27, 2016 – The online TV market appears to be settling on monthly or yearly subscriptions as its pay model of choice. But according to Hub, a majority of TV consumers (53%) say they actually prefer free TV, where they 'pay' by viewing commercials.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Hulu and Amazon SVOD almost always used in conjunction with Netflix
Jul 12, 2016 – A new study from Hub gives more evidence that consumer demand is converging around one model: subscription on demand. Two thirds (66%) of U.S. TV viewers with broadband subscribe to at least one SVOD. That includes 64% of those with a traditional pay TV package.
News categories: Hub Entertainment Research, Jon Giegengack, Peter Fondulas, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
SVOD becomes dominant U.S. model for accessing TV online
May 4, 2016 – According to a study by Hub Entertainment Research, streaming subscription has become the dominant model for accessing TV online in the U.S., clearly outpacing ad-supported aggregators, TV Everywhere, and transactional services.
News categories: Hub Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Tablets and phones popular for video, but not for live TV
Sep 17, 2015 – New data from Hub Research shows a dramatic growth in the use of tablets and smartphones for TV viewing in the U.S. However, the popularity of mobile devices has not created a demand for streaming live TV to tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Hub Research, Peter Fondulas, Jon Giegengack, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview