Digital TV News: Lee Sang-woo
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
Mar 1, 2021 – QuickSet, a technology offered by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) will be available for TV brands adopting LG's webOS TV platform. LG is including UEI’s QuickSet as the standard for device discovery and control.
News categories: Universal Electronics, LG Electronics, Paul Arling, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, Worldwide
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set