Digital TV News: Lee Sang-woo
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
Mar 1, 2021 – QuickSet, a technology offered by Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) (NASDAQ: UEIC) will be available for TV brands adopting LG's webOS TV platform. LG is including UEI’s QuickSet as the standard for device discovery and control.
News categories: Universal Electronics, LG Electronics, Paul Arling, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools