Digital TV News: Maaz Sheikh
discovery+ launches in MENA with STARZPLAY
Jan 6, 2021 – Discovery has announced a partnership with STARZPLAY to launch discovery+ across MENA. STARZPLAY subscribers can now watch discovery+ in a dedicated branded area on all STARZPLAY platforms.
News categories: STARZPLAY, Discovery, Inc, Maaz Sheikh, Kasia Kieli, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
E-Vision enters exclusive 5-year deal with STARZ PLAY
Jan 28, 2018 – E-Vision, a subsidiary of Etisalat, and STARZ PLAY have announced a five-year content deal with Etisalat. The partnership will enable Etisalat UAE customers to enjoy STARZ PLAY exclusively across its IPTV and mobile services.
News categories: E-Vision, STARZ PLAY, Etisalat, Humaid Sahoo, Maaz Sheikh, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, UAE
STARZ PLAY signs exclusive deal with Orange Egypt
Sep 28, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced a partnership with Orange Egypt. The partnership allows Orange Egypt customers access to the STARZ PLAY service which features more than 6,500 hours of Hollywood movies, documentaries, kids’ programs and ‘same-day-as-the-US’ shows.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Orange Egypt, Maaz Sheikh, Digital TV, Egypt, Streaming
STARZ PLAY Arabia raises $125 million in funding
Jul 11, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced that the service has raised a total of US$125 million since inception, including new 2017 commitments from investors Starz (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), SEQ Capital Partners and Delta Partners.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Starz, SSGA, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, Anandh Hari, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, Venture Capital
STARZ PLAY Arabia launches in Middle East & North Africa
Apr 1, 2015 – Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) has announced details of the STARZ PLAY Arabia which has launched in 17 countries. STARZ PLAY is a direct-to-consumer multiplatform subscription video service for select markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
News categories: Starz, Parsifal Entertainment, Maaz Sheikh, Chris Albrecht, John Penney, Peter Ekelund, Digital TV, Middle-East, Mobile, Streaming
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform