Digital TV News: Mark Zagorski
CTV fraudsters impersonate Smart refrigerators to falsify CTV traffic
Aug 24, 2022 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that its DV Fraud Lab has discovered a new variant of the Connected TV (CTV) advertising fraud scheme, LeoTerra. The new variant spoofs IoT devices in an attempt to hide fraudulent behavior.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Roy Rosenfeld, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify exposes 'ViperBot' CTV ad fraud scheme
Mar 24, 2022 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced the discovery of 'ViperBot', an advertising fraud scheme that attempts to steal over $8 million each month in ad spend across connected television (CTV) and mobile video.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Jack Smith, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify neutralizes ‘SmokeScreen’ CTV fraud scheme
Aug 12, 2021 – DoubleVerify (DV) [NYSE: DV] has identified a CTV advertising fraud scheme, dubbed 'SmokeScreen', which caused screensavers to hijack CTV devices to generate impressions — even when the screen is off.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Roy Rosenfeld, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
Jul 27, 2021 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced that the company has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for video filtering, benchmarks, and connected TV (CTV) fully on-screen and completion metrics.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DoubleVerify uncovers SSAI fraud hijacking CTV device sessions
Mar 4, 2021 – DoubleVerify (DV) has uncovered the first server-side ad insertion (SSAI) scheme known to hijack real CTV device sessions. At its peak, the scheme spoofed over 2 million devices each day.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
Jan 14, 2021 – DoubleVerify has received Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation for display and video rendered ad impression measurement and invalid traffic filtration in the Connected TV (CTV) media environment.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Media Rating Council, Mark Zagorski, George W. Ivie, Olga O’Donnell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Rubicon Project and Telaria agree to combine
Dec 19, 2019 – Rubicon Project (NYSE:RUBI) and Telaria (NYSE: TLRA) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine in a stock-for-stock merger. The transaction will create the world's largest independent sell-side advertising platform, poised to capture growth in CTV.
News categories: Telaria, Rubicon Project, Mark Zagorski, Michael Barrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
4C adds video inventory from FreeWheel, SpotX and Telaria
Oct 2, 2018 – 4C has announced new video integrations with FreeWheel, SpotX, and Telaria. The integrations will make video advertising inventory from streaming services and content providers available within the Scope by 4C platform.
News categories: 4C Insights, FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Lance Neuhauser, Neil Smith, Mike Shehan, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Sizmek unveils solution for Advanced TV
Sep 12, 2018 – Sizmek has announced the launch of an Advanced TV initiative with plans to roll-out an integrated solution across linear, addressable, and connected TV. Users will be able to apply AI-driven insights from digital advertising to TV for optimal targeting, reach and frequency.
News categories: Sizmek, Mark Grether, Mark Zagorski, Carmen Graf, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products