Digital TV News: Matt Spiegel
Shift to streaming continues in the U.S.
Dec 3, 2020 – Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, seven in 10 U.S. consumers (71%) say they have increased their use of paid streaming services. The findings come from a new TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) survey administered in November.
News categories: TransUnion, Matt Spiegel, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
TransUnion to acquire Tru Optik
Oct 1, 2020 – TransUnion has agreed to acquire Tru Optik. Tru Optik will provide TransUnion’s expanded customer base with the reach, accuracy and transparency missing in current identity and audience development products.
News categories: TransUnion, Tru Optik, Matt Spiegel, Andre Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Tubi personalises the user experience with TransUnion
Apr 15, 2020 – Tubi has partnered with TransUnion (NYSE:TRU) to augment its viewing behavior analytics with data from TransUnion, enabling Tubi to deliver curated content and viewer experiences bbased on an enriched view of individuals and households.
News categories: TransUnion, Tubi, Matt Spiegel, Mark Rotblat, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
Oct 10, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced a free privacy compliance solution for CTV and Advanced Media called Privacy.TV. The solution will offer OTT consumer opt-out and data transparency capabilities for publishers, adtech platforms, data providers and device manufacturers.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, Jonathan Bokor, Matt Spiegel, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management