Digital TV News: Matt Spiegel
Shift to streaming continues in the U.S.
Dec 3, 2020 – Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, seven in 10 U.S. consumers (71%) say they have increased their use of paid streaming services. The findings come from a new TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) survey administered in November.
News categories: TransUnion, Matt Spiegel, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
TransUnion to acquire Tru Optik
Oct 1, 2020 – TransUnion has agreed to acquire Tru Optik. Tru Optik will provide TransUnion’s expanded customer base with the reach, accuracy and transparency missing in current identity and audience development products.
News categories: TransUnion, Tru Optik, Matt Spiegel, Andre Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, USA
Tubi personalises the user experience with TransUnion
Apr 15, 2020 – Tubi has partnered with TransUnion (NYSE:TRU) to augment its viewing behavior analytics with data from TransUnion, enabling Tubi to deliver curated content and viewer experiences bbased on an enriched view of individuals and households.
News categories: TransUnion, Tubi, Matt Spiegel, Mark Rotblat, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
Oct 10, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced a free privacy compliance solution for CTV and Advanced Media called Privacy.TV. The solution will offer OTT consumer opt-out and data transparency capabilities for publishers, adtech platforms, data providers and device manufacturers.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, Jonathan Bokor, Matt Spiegel, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud