Digital TV News: Matt Spiegel
Shift to streaming continues in the U.S.
Dec 3, 2020 – Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, seven in 10 U.S. consumers (71%) say they have increased their use of paid streaming services. The findings come from a new TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) survey administered in November.
News categories: TransUnion, Matt Spiegel, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
TransUnion to acquire Tru Optik
Oct 1, 2020 – TransUnion has agreed to acquire Tru Optik. Tru Optik will provide TransUnion’s expanded customer base with the reach, accuracy and transparency missing in current identity and audience development products.
News categories: TransUnion, Tru Optik, Matt Spiegel, Andre Swanston, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Tubi personalises the user experience with TransUnion
Apr 15, 2020 – Tubi has partnered with TransUnion (NYSE:TRU) to augment its viewing behavior analytics with data from TransUnion, enabling Tubi to deliver curated content and viewer experiences bbased on an enriched view of individuals and households.
News categories: TransUnion, Tubi, Matt Spiegel, Mark Rotblat, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
Oct 10, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced a free privacy compliance solution for CTV and Advanced Media called Privacy.TV. The solution will offer OTT consumer opt-out and data transparency capabilities for publishers, adtech platforms, data providers and device manufacturers.
News categories: Tru Optik, Andre Swanston, Jonathan Bokor, Matt Spiegel, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools