Digital TV News: Michael Inouye
VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
Sep 24, 2020 – ABI Research expects the VR market to grow in 2020 despite some negative impacts from COVID-19. The pandemic, however, has accelerated some trends and increased interest and adoption of immersive technologies.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
Mar 25, 2020 – The need for social distancing and sheltering in home during the COVID-19 pandemic could accelerate the adoption of cloud gaming services among new gamers who are looking for additional sources of entertainment, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Apps, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
Jan 28, 2020 – The Over-the-Top (OTT) video market will surpass US$200 billion by 2024, with 90% of that value fueled by subscription and advertising revenue, according to ABI Research. Subscriptions in the Asia-Pacific region have grown significantly.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
2020 will be the year of Direct-to-Consumer OTT video
Jan 8, 2020 – 2020 will represent a profound step toward a future where more OTT content goes Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and video on demand reaches 900 million subscriptions worldwide, states global tech market advisory firm, ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Quarter of a billion VR users worldwide by 2022
Aug 9, 2017 – According to ABI Research, virtual reality (VR) technology looks set to gain widespread adoption over the next five years, reaching an installed base of 256 million users worldwide and generating revenues of over US$60 billion in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Media Adapter market faces mounting pressure
May 4, 2016 – In its latest analysis on the streaming media adapter market, ABI Research examines the impact of the new wave of pricing brought on by Google’s Chromecast devices and the mounting product differentiation pressures on the industry.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5