Digital TV News: Michael Inouye
COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
Apr 6, 2021 – According to ABI Research, online video and gaming markets reached US$330 billion in 2020 - households stacked streaming video subscriptions, driving revenues to over US$69 billion, and gaming saw YoY growth of over 22%.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
Sep 24, 2020 – ABI Research expects the VR market to grow in 2020 despite some negative impacts from COVID-19. The pandemic, however, has accelerated some trends and increased interest and adoption of immersive technologies.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
Mar 25, 2020 – The need for social distancing and sheltering in home during the COVID-19 pandemic could accelerate the adoption of cloud gaming services among new gamers who are looking for additional sources of entertainment, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Apps, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
Jan 28, 2020 – The Over-the-Top (OTT) video market will surpass US$200 billion by 2024, with 90% of that value fueled by subscription and advertising revenue, according to ABI Research. Subscriptions in the Asia-Pacific region have grown significantly.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
2020 will be the year of Direct-to-Consumer OTT video
Jan 8, 2020 – 2020 will represent a profound step toward a future where more OTT content goes Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and video on demand reaches 900 million subscriptions worldwide, states global tech market advisory firm, ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Quarter of a billion VR users worldwide by 2022
Aug 9, 2017 – According to ABI Research, virtual reality (VR) technology looks set to gain widespread adoption over the next five years, reaching an installed base of 256 million users worldwide and generating revenues of over US$60 billion in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Media Adapter market faces mounting pressure
May 4, 2016 – In its latest analysis on the streaming media adapter market, ABI Research examines the impact of the new wave of pricing brought on by Google’s Chromecast devices and the mounting product differentiation pressures on the industry.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV