Digital TV News: Michael Inouye
COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
Mar 25, 2020 – The need for social distancing and sheltering in home during the COVID-19 pandemic could accelerate the adoption of cloud gaming services among new gamers who are looking for additional sources of entertainment, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Apps, COVID-19, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Worldwide
OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
Jan 28, 2020 – The Over-the-Top (OTT) video market will surpass US$200 billion by 2024, with 90% of that value fueled by subscription and advertising revenue, according to ABI Research. Subscriptions in the Asia-Pacific region have grown significantly.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
2020 will be the year of Direct-to-Consumer OTT video
Jan 8, 2020 – 2020 will represent a profound step toward a future where more OTT content goes Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and video on demand reaches 900 million subscriptions worldwide, states global tech market advisory firm, ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Quarter of a billion VR users worldwide by 2022
Aug 9, 2017 – According to ABI Research, virtual reality (VR) technology looks set to gain widespread adoption over the next five years, reaching an installed base of 256 million users worldwide and generating revenues of over US$60 billion in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Media Adapter market faces mounting pressure
May 4, 2016 – In its latest analysis on the streaming media adapter market, ABI Research examines the impact of the new wave of pricing brought on by Google’s Chromecast devices and the mounting product differentiation pressures on the industry.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
May 15, 2015 – ABI Research expects that by 2020 nearly 70% of UHD TVs will support new technologies and enhancements like HDR, wider color gamut, high frame rates, and immersive audio. This could prove too conservative if a lower tier of UHD TVs does not persist as currently anticipated.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs