Digital TV News: Michael Inouye
OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
Jan 28, 2020 – The Over-the-Top (OTT) video market will surpass US$200 billion by 2024, with 90% of that value fueled by subscription and advertising revenue, according to ABI Research. Subscriptions in the Asia-Pacific region have grown significantly.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
2020 will be the year of Direct-to-Consumer OTT video
Jan 8, 2020 – 2020 will represent a profound step toward a future where more OTT content goes Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and video on demand reaches 900 million subscriptions worldwide, states global tech market advisory firm, ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Quarter of a billion VR users worldwide by 2022
Aug 9, 2017 – According to ABI Research, virtual reality (VR) technology looks set to gain widespread adoption over the next five years, reaching an installed base of 256 million users worldwide and generating revenues of over US$60 billion in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Streaming Media Adapter market faces mounting pressure
May 4, 2016 – In its latest analysis on the streaming media adapter market, ABI Research examines the impact of the new wave of pricing brought on by Google’s Chromecast devices and the mounting product differentiation pressures on the industry.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
May 15, 2015 – ABI Research expects that by 2020 nearly 70% of UHD TVs will support new technologies and enhancements like HDR, wider color gamut, high frame rates, and immersive audio. This could prove too conservative if a lower tier of UHD TVs does not persist as currently anticipated.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV and movies, not short-form video, to drive online video market
Jan 16, 2015 – According to ABI Research, the online video market is expected to reach over US$56 billion by 2019, with a 6 year CAGR of 23.1%. Short-form video is expected to make up US$13 billion of the total.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more