Digital TV News: Mike Paxton
Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
Aug 23, 2016 – Skyworth Digital Technology (000810.SZ) has revealed that it shipped 30 million set-top boxes globally in 2015 – making it the third biggest set-top manufacturer in the world. Contributing to these figures was the shipment of more than seven million OTT boxes.
News categories: Skyworth, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
OTT set-top box market grows 50% in 2013
Apr 30, 2014 – SNL Kagan MRG’s latest research shows that worldwide unit shipments of streaming media players, a product sometimes called an OTT set-top box or a digital media adapter, increased by more than 50% to reach nearly 15 million units in 2013.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Home media gateway shipments to surpass 24 million in 2017
Nov 11, 2013 – According to the latest report from MRG, in 2013, global unit shipments of home media gateway products are on track to reach nearly 10 million, a solid increase from the 7.7 million units that shipped in 2012.
News categories: Multimedia Research Group, SNL Kagan, Mike Paxton, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Volia Selects Minerva Platform to Offer Multiscreen Television Services
Mar 20, 2013 – Minerva Networks has announced that Volia has deployed Minerva iTVFusion for its advanced TV services. The system will enable the Ukrainian operator to offer pay TV services over third-party broadband networks, significantly increasing its service footprint.
News categories: Minerva, Volia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Ukraine
Demand for Cable Set Top Boxes Remains Solid in 2011
Dec 19, 2011 – The cable set top box market is having a solid year in 2011, primarily due to robust demand for digital cable set top box products in Asia. In contrast, according to In-Stat, North American cable set top box unit shipments are decreasing.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Digital Terrestrial Set Top Box Unit Shipments to Reach 45 Million by 2015, Says In-Stat
Jun 13, 2011 – 2010 was a challenging year for the worldwide digital set top box market as total unit shipments decreased by 7%. It is likely that 2011 will also be a challenging year, but there is better news on the horizon, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Streaming Media Player Unit Shipments Projected to Reach 3.6 Million in 2011, Says In-Stat
May 19, 2011 – The streaming media player has enjoyed significant growth over the past two years. Worldwide streaming media player unit shipments are projected to increase in 2011, finishing the year at just over 3.6 million, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
PVR Global Unit Shipments to Surpass 50 Million in 2014
Jan 5, 2011 – Global unit shipments of PVR products set a new record in 2009, and are expected to eclipse that in 2010. Fueled by consumer demand to time-shift television programming, pay-TV service providers are deploying millions of new PVR products each year.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
China and Latin America Key Drivers of Worldwide Cable 'Triple Play' Market
Nov 10, 2010 – During a period marked by a global recession and an increasingly competitive telecommunications environment, cable's 'triple play' of video, voice, and high-speed data services continues to attract new subscribers, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia