Digital TV News: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
India to fund distribution of 800,000 free DD satellite STBs
Jan 4, 2023 – India's government has approved a proposal to provide infrastructure development support to Prasar Bharati. The Scheme includes free distribution of over 8 lakh DD Free Dish STBs to people living in remote, tribal, LWE and border areas.
News categories: Prasar Bharati, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cabinet revises guidelines for providing DTH services in India
Dec 23, 2020 – The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal for revision of the guidelines for obtaining license for providing Direct-To-Home (DTH) broadcasting service in India.
News categories: Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
Jul 10, 2019 – According to figures submitted to TRAI, active satellite pay TV subscriptions in India reached 72.44 million at the end of March 2019, up 1.95 million versus the end of the previous quarter, and up 4.91 million year-on-year.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Videocon d2h adds 210,000 net subscribers in 3Q 2017
Nov 28, 2017 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ:VDTH) has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2017. The Company added 0.45 million gross subscribers and 0.21 million net subscribers during Q2 FY18. Net subscribers totaled 13.25 million as of September 30, 2017.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Reliance BIG TV to be acquired by Pantel & Veecon Media and Television
Nov 27, 2017 – Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a binding Share Purchase Agreement with Pantel Technologies and Veecon Media & Television for the sale of its subsidiary Reliance BIG TV Limited (RBTV), engaged in the business of DTH TV services across India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, Pantel Technologies, Vijender Singh, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
Reliance Big TV to continue under Veecon ownership
Nov 6, 2017 – Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a binding Memorandum Of Understanding with Veecon Media and Television Limited, for sale of its subsidiary Reliance BIG TV Limited (RBTV), engaged in the business of Direct to Home (DTH) services across India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
Dish TV India adds 186,000 subscribers in 2Q 2017
Aug 17, 2017 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2017. Net additions at 0.186 million were higher by 12.7% on a Q-o-Q basis. Churn at 1% p.m. was slightly higher than the 0.9% p.m. in the previous quarter.
News categories: Dish TV India, Digital TV, India, MandA, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
TRAI issues recommendations for DTT transition in India
Jan 31, 2017 – As a result of its consultation on digital terrestrial broadcasting, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations on key issues associated with the implementation of DTT across the country.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Terrestrial
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics