Digital TV News: NBA
European League Of Football partners with Endeavor Streaming
May 22, 2023 – The European League of Football (ELF) has partnered with Endeavor Streaming to develop its media distribution and OTT strategy, and enhance its streaming service, Game Pass.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, European League Of Football, Pete Bellamy, Zeljko Karajica, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
EZDRM brings studio-approved DRM to WebRTC
Mar 9, 2023 – EZDRM has announced a WebRTC DRM solution enabling low-latency streaming applications with the same level of content protection as found in typical HTTP ABR delivery systems.
News categories: EZDRM, David Eisenbacher, Alex Davies, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
FAST to account for 20% of UK ad-supported video market by 2027
Mar 2, 2023 – Blue Ant International has released findings from a study, conducted by Omdia, revealing that FAST will account for nearly 20% of the UK's $3bn premium online ad-supported video market by 2027.
News categories: Blue Ant, Lilla Hurst, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
Jan 24, 2023 – The NBA and Meta have announced a new virtual reality (VR) experience through Meta Horizon Worlds via Meta Quest headsets, featuring live NBA League Pass games in VR throughout the season.
News categories: NBA, Meta, Jennifer Chun, Rob Shaw, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, USA
Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
Jan 19, 2023 – Amazon and DAZN have agreed a distribution partnership that will see DAZN's sports streaming service available as a Prime Video Channel, initially launching in Spain and Germany, with Japan next and more markets to follow.
News categories: DAZN, Prime Video, Shay Segev, Jay Marine, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Spain, Streaming
Ateme supports expansion of Skymedia OTT service in Mongolia
Jan 17, 2023 – Skytel has added encoder, Cloud DVR and CDN solutions, including storage for content recorded by viewers, to the Ateme video-delivery infrastructure powering its Skymedia OTT service in Mongolia.
News categories: Ateme, Skytel, Gautier Vandomme, Tuvshinbayar Turtuvshin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
Dec 7, 2022 – Pixalate has released the November 2022 edition of its CTV Ad Fraud Series, highlighting unique forms of invalid traffic (IVT), inclusive of 'ad fraud', in the programmatic Connected TV (CTV) advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart