Digital TV News: NBA
Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
Feb 2, 2023 – Synamedia has unveiled research, conducted by Ampere Analysis, analysing the impact of sports and entertainment piracy and the potential revenues that would result from converting pirate viewers to legal subscribers.
News categories: Synamedia, Ampere Analysis, Avigail Gutman, Guy Bisson, Brazil, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, India, Italy, Market Research, Thailand, UK, USA
NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
Jan 24, 2023 – The NBA and Meta have announced a new virtual reality (VR) experience through Meta Horizon Worlds via Meta Quest headsets, featuring live NBA League Pass games in VR throughout the season.
News categories: NBA, Meta, Jennifer Chun, Rob Shaw, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, USA
Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
Jan 19, 2023 – Amazon and DAZN have agreed a distribution partnership that will see DAZN's sports streaming service available as a Prime Video Channel, initially launching in Spain and Germany, with Japan next and more markets to follow.
News categories: DAZN, Prime Video, Shay Segev, Jay Marine, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Spain, Streaming
Ateme supports expansion of Skymedia OTT service in Mongolia
Jan 17, 2023 – Skytel has added encoder, Cloud DVR and CDN solutions, including storage for content recorded by viewers, to the Ateme video-delivery infrastructure powering its Skymedia OTT service in Mongolia.
News categories: Ateme, Skytel, Gautier Vandomme, Tuvshinbayar Turtuvshin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
Dec 7, 2022 – Pixalate has released the November 2022 edition of its CTV Ad Fraud Series, highlighting unique forms of invalid traffic (IVT), inclusive of 'ad fraud', in the programmatic Connected TV (CTV) advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
EXTREME International monetizes content with Castify.ai
Nov 7, 2022 – Castify.ai has announced a partnership with EXTREME International that allows EXTREME International to use Castify.ai's data-driven distribution abilities to monetize their content.
News categories: Castify.ai, EXTREME International, Gal Turjeman, Alistair Gosling, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Perhaps live sports not so critical for pay-TV subscriber retention
Oct 31, 2022 – According to Aluma, while 18% of U.S. pay-TV subscribers are moderately likely to cancel service if their favorite sport moved its live games exclusively to subscription streaming services, only 8% would 'definitely' cancel.
News categories: Aluma, Michael Greeson, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Apple introduces next-generation Apple TV 4K
Oct 18, 2022 – Apple has announced the next generation of Apple TV 4K. HDR10+ support joins Dolby Vision on the now lower cost device. Running tvOS, featuring the Siri Remote, Apple TV 4K simplifies the way users discover content.
News categories: Apple TV, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022