Digital TV News: Nexstar
Nexstar Media launches NEXTGEN TV in Denver
Dec 23, 2020 – Nexstar Media Group (Nasdaq: NXST) has announced that KDVR-TV and KWGN-TV, Nexstar's local television stations serving the Denver, Colorado, area (DMA #16) have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Nexstar Media, Brett Jenkins, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
Dec 1, 2020 – Local TV stations in Florida have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV along the gulf coast. WMOR-TV will serve as the host station for NEXTGEN TV signals from WMOR-TV, WFTS-TV, WFLA-TV, WTSP-TV, and WTVT-TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
Nov 18, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Raleigh, NC, including WTVD (ABC), WNCN (CBS), WUVC (Univision), WLFL (CW), and WRDC (MyNet), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, the ninth market launch this year for Bitpath.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Luis Fernandez-Rocha, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins for five local TV stations in Oklahoma City
Oct 8, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Oklahoma City - KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT - have begun broadcasting with ATSC 3.0. Oklahoma City is the seventh launch of ATSC 3.0 for BitPath this year.
News categories: BitPath, Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, KOCO-TV, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brent Hensley, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in Austin, TX
Oct 6, 2020 – Four local TV stations in Austin, TX, including KXAN-TV (NBC), KEYE-TV (CBS), KNVA (CW), and KBVO-CD (MyNet), have begun broadcasting NEXTGEN TV. BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts for the stations.
News categories: BitPath, Nexstar Media, Sinclair Broadcast, John Hane, Brett Jenkins, Mark Aitken, TJ Vaughan, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
Jul 28, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Portland, including KATU (ABC), KOIN (CBS), KGW (NBC), KPTV (Fox), KOPB-TV (PBS), KRCW-TV (CW) and KPDX (MyNet), have become among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, BitPath, Mark Aitken, John Hane, Tom Casey, Brett Jenkins, Kurt Rao, Steven Bass, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
Jun 30, 2020 – Four of Salt Lake City's local television stations – KUTV (CBS), KTVX (ABC), KUCW (CW) and KJZZ-TV (Ind), are now among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, BitPath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Nashville
Jun 23, 2020 – Five Nashville local network-affiliated television stations - WTVF (CBS), WKRN-TV (ABC), WZTV (FOX), WUXP-TV (MyNet) and WNAB (CW) - have became among the first in the U.S. to begin broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Scripps, WNAB/Nashville Broadcasting, Bitpath, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brian Lawlor, Dennis Breckey, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Nexstar Digital selects FreeWheel to streamline ad purchases
Jun 15, 2020 – Nexstar Digital (Nasdaq: 'NXST') has selected FreeWheel's (Nasdaq: 'CMCSA') Strata platform. The platform provides access to Nexstar’s digital inventory nwith the ability to send orders directly in the Strata workflow.
News categories: Nexstar Digital, FreeWheel, Wil Danielson, Jamie Donnenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand