Digital TV News: Next Generation Broadcasting AB
Digital TV Labs' Receiver Quality Assurance for NGB's African DTT Rollouts
Jul 4, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it has been contracted by Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB), who operate under the Smart TV brand, to supply a DVB-T/T2 receiver conformance regime to assist the rollout of DTT services in select African markets.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Africa, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SMART TV DTT launches in Ghana
May 12, 2010 – Ghana has become the first African country to have SMART TV, a new digital terrestrial television service. The service was launched by Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) in collaboration with Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) with commercial roll-out expected in the coming weeks.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, SMART TV, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
NGB Collaborates With Local Ghanaian Channels On DTT Platform
Mar 31, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) Ghana Ltd is planning to launch a Digital Terrestrial Pay TV service in Ghana branded SMART TV. SMART TV will provide customer with both free to air and pay TV channels.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Terrestrial
NGB to partner with KBC to provide Digital Pay TV services in Kenya
Feb 15, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting AB (NGB) has confirmed plans to enter the Kenyan market. NGB Kenya will launch its bouquet of Pay TV services under the brand name SMART TV using the latest digital TV service based on the MPEG 4 technology.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, KBC, Digital TV, Kenya, Terrestrial
Digital TV broadcasting starts in Uganda
Nov 18, 2009 – Uganda has launched a digital terrestrial television (DTT) pilot project in Kampala involving 200 households. Up to seven channels are available to the viewers taking part in the trial.
News categories: Uganda Broadcasting Corp, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Uganda
Ghana Launches Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot
Nov 3, 2008 – The Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) in partnership with Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) has launched a digital television pilot project in Accra.
News categories: Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, Next Generation Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020