Digital TV News: PTCL
ICFLIX to be available on PTCL’s Smart TV in Pakistan
Feb 14, 2017 – ICFLIX is reinforcing its position in Pakistan and further strengthening its partnership with PTCL. PTCL customers will now be able to enjoy ICFLIX content on PTCL Smart TV, which offers viewers high quality television and is available in 150 major cities across Pakistan.
News categories: ICFLIX, PTCL, Amine Lalami, Adnan Shahid, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan
PTCL and Netflix sign collaboration agreement
Oct 31, 2016 – PTCL has becomes the first Telecommunication operator in Pakistan to sign a partnership agreement with Netflix for the Pakistan market. PTCL will support and promote original Netflix content in Pakistan.
News categories: PTCL, Netflix, Adnan Shahid, Tony Zameczkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan
PTCL and ZTE to set up Joint Innovation Centre for video services
Mar 4, 2016 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with ZTE for setting up a Joint Innovation Center (JIC) on Big Video in Pakistan. The JIC is a key initiative of PTCL and ZTE for Smart TV development.
News categories: PTCL, ZTE, Adnan Shahid, Frank Fang, Zhu Jinyun, Content Distribution, IPTV, Pakistan
PTCL launches revamped entertainment portal 'MyTv.com.pk'
May 17, 2013 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a revamped entertainment portal, MyTv.com.pk, providing a wide collection of entertainment and infotainment content including Pakistani Drama Serials as well as high demand licensed international movies.
News categories: PTCL, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan, Smartphone, Tablet
PTCL revolutionizes TV viewing in Pakistan
Aug 13, 2008 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) (Karachi:PTC) has announced the launch of PTCL Smart TV, a technological breakthrough of the first ever interactive television service in the country.
News categories: PTCL, Smart TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
Pakistan - PTCL set to launch 'triple-play' service
May 27, 2007 – The Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited will soon launch a 'triple play' service, enabling its customers to access more than 100 TV channels, digital subscriber line (DSL) Internet connection and a regular phone service on a single phone line.
News categories: PTCL, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
Strategic partners Irdeto and Huawei sign IPTV contract with Pakistan's PTCL
Feb 28, 2007 – Irdeto (JSE:NPN) and Huawei Technologies have jointly announced that they have signed an agreement with Pakistan Telecommunication Co Ltd (PTCL) to provide an end-to-end IPTV solution to the 1 tier telecom operator.
News categories: Irdeto, Huawei, PTCL, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos