Digital TV News: PTCL
Pakistan Telecom to provide TV audience data to Medialogic
Nov 12, 2020 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and Medialogic have signed an agreement for enriching TV Audience Measurement data in Pakistan. PTCL will provide data from its Smart TV IPTV service to Medialogic.
News categories: PTCL, Medialogic, Adnan Anjum, Aly Mustansir, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
ICFLIX to be available on PTCL’s Smart TV in Pakistan
Feb 14, 2017 – ICFLIX is reinforcing its position in Pakistan and further strengthening its partnership with PTCL. PTCL customers will now be able to enjoy ICFLIX content on PTCL Smart TV, which offers viewers high quality television and is available in 150 major cities across Pakistan.
News categories: ICFLIX, PTCL, Amine Lalami, Adnan Shahid, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan
PTCL and Netflix sign collaboration agreement
Oct 31, 2016 – PTCL has becomes the first Telecommunication operator in Pakistan to sign a partnership agreement with Netflix for the Pakistan market. PTCL will support and promote original Netflix content in Pakistan.
News categories: PTCL, Netflix, Adnan Shahid, Tony Zameczkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan
PTCL and ZTE to set up Joint Innovation Centre for video services
Mar 4, 2016 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with ZTE for setting up a Joint Innovation Center (JIC) on Big Video in Pakistan. The JIC is a key initiative of PTCL and ZTE for Smart TV development.
News categories: PTCL, ZTE, Adnan Shahid, Frank Fang, Zhu Jinyun, Content Distribution, IPTV, Pakistan
PTCL launches revamped entertainment portal 'MyTv.com.pk'
May 17, 2013 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a revamped entertainment portal, MyTv.com.pk, providing a wide collection of entertainment and infotainment content including Pakistani Drama Serials as well as high demand licensed international movies.
News categories: PTCL, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan, Smartphone, Tablet
PTCL revolutionizes TV viewing in Pakistan
Aug 13, 2008 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) (Karachi:PTC) has announced the launch of PTCL Smart TV, a technological breakthrough of the first ever interactive television service in the country.
News categories: PTCL, Smart TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
Pakistan - PTCL set to launch 'triple-play' service
May 27, 2007 – The Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited will soon launch a 'triple play' service, enabling its customers to access more than 100 TV channels, digital subscriber line (DSL) Internet connection and a regular phone service on a single phone line.
News categories: PTCL, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
Strategic partners Irdeto and Huawei sign IPTV contract with Pakistan's PTCL
Feb 28, 2007 – Irdeto (JSE:NPN) and Huawei Technologies have jointly announced that they have signed an agreement with Pakistan Telecommunication Co Ltd (PTCL) to provide an end-to-end IPTV solution to the 1 tier telecom operator.
News categories: Irdeto, Huawei, PTCL, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Pakistan
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand