Digital TV News: Parks Associates
70% of US broadband households have at least one streaming video device
Jan 6, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates shows that nearly 70% of US broadband households now own at least one streaming video product that is connected to the internet and fifty-six percent now own a smart TV.
News categories: Parks Associates, Bitmovin, Paul Erickson, James Varndell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
41% of U.S. broadband households have a streaming media player
Jan 5, 2022 – According to Parks Associates' consumer data, U.S. broadband households have an average of 14.5 connected devices, with future purchase intentions still high as consumers continue to embrace entertainment technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Parks Associates announces 2021's Top 10 US subscription OTT video services
Dec 17, 2021 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US paid subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services, based on estimated numbers of subscribers through September 2021 from the firm's OTT Video Market Tracker.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
OTT subscriber churn rate in the U.S. at 44% in 2021
Dec 15, 2021 – A new whitepaper from Parks Associates reveals the OTT subscriber churn rate in the U.S. in 2021 is 44% and, as of Q3 2021, nearly 50% of US broadband households have four or more OTT video service subscriptions.
News categories: Parks Associates, Symphony MediaAI, Paul Erickson, Mark Moeder, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
Oct 12, 2021 – Data from Parks Associates reveals that three out of the top five factors that drive OTT service subscriptions involve content and that the inability to find relevant content is a top reason for consumers leaving a service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Nick Cicero, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Synamedia extends OTT piracy protection to the CDN
Oct 7, 2021 – Synamedia has launched Synamedia OTT ServiceGuard, the first solution to protect content across all open platforms - whether mobile, browsers, or smart TVs - and the first to extend service protection to the CDN.
News categories: Synamedia, Nitsan Baider, Janice Pearson, Jennifer Kent, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Significant growth in U.S. smart TV and smart speaker/display adoption
Sep 29, 2021 – Parks Associates' Consumer Electronics Dashboard reveals that among the most commonly adopted CE device categories, smart TVs and smart speakers/displays showed significant growth during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
Sep 13, 2021 – Consumer data from Parks Associates has revealed that 54% of US broadband households now combine one of the Big 3, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, with at least one other subscription OTT service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. OTT video subscriptions to grow 20% over next five years
Aug 24, 2021 – Parks Associates has announced that the number of OTT subscriptions in the U.S. will increase from nearly 230 million in 2021 to more than 277 million in 2026, an increase of over 20% in five years.
News categories: Parks Associates, Everise, Kristen Hanich, Dave Palmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021