Digital TV News: Parks Associates
By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
Jun 21, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. pay-TV subscriptions and revenues are on a continuous decline as consumers embrace OTT services. The firm expects traditional pay-TV to decline to 76.7 million households by 2024, the lowest penetration in a decade and a 27% drop from 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
May 9, 2022 – Parks Associates research has found that 43% of U.S. internet households have livestreamed online content in the past three months, with sporting events by far the most popular type of content at 61% of livestreaming users.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Amazon Prime Video penetration at 45% in the U.S.
Apr 7, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that as of Q3 2021, Amazon Prime Video’s subscriber penetration rate is at 45% of U.S. internet households. In the first quarter of 2021, 77.3 million U.S. households were members of Amazon Prime.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
32 million U.S. households are OTT video 'service hoppers'
Mar 31, 2022 – Parks Associates reseaarch has found that 36% of OTT subscribers, roughly 32 million U.S. households, are 'service hoppers', OTT subscribers who switched between services and resubscribed multiple times in the previous twelve months.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
55% of U.S. broadband households now own a Smart TV
Feb 10, 2022 – A Parks Associates' whitepaper reports 55% of U.S. broadband households now own a smart TV, pushing the device to be the default platform for streaming content. Consumers are increasingly interested in having all their entertainment available on a single device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
70% of US broadband households have at least one streaming video device
Jan 6, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates shows that nearly 70% of US broadband households now own at least one streaming video product that is connected to the internet and fifty-six percent now own a smart TV.
News categories: Parks Associates, Bitmovin, Paul Erickson, James Varndell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
41% of U.S. broadband households have a streaming media player
Jan 5, 2022 – According to Parks Associates' consumer data, U.S. broadband households have an average of 14.5 connected devices, with future purchase intentions still high as consumers continue to embrace entertainment technology.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform