Digital TV News: Parks Associates
59% of UK broadband households use online sources to access video content
Oct 28, 2019 – Parks Associates research shows more than half of UK broadband households use online sources for video content, including OTT subscriptions and BBC iPlayer.
News categories: Parks Associates, Niall Robinson, Stefan Witkamp, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
Oct 14, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that 70% of US broadband households with a major video service consider its UI to be 'good', with 48% rating it 'very good', and these scores impact their willingness to recommend the service to others.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, UX
46% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
Oct 2, 2019 – Parks Associates research has found that 46% of US broadband households now subscribe to two or more OTT services, up from 33% in early 2017. The company believes that partnerships, aggregation, and bundling are key strategies for subscriber growth.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
Sep 17, 2019 – New research from Parks Associates finds that subscriptions, formerly representing just over half of total online video spending in 2012, now account for nearly 86% of all U.S. internet spending on TV and movies.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Conviva launches Content Insights
Sep 12, 2019 – Conviva has announced the launch of Conviva Content Insights. The industry now has a way to understand the consumption patterns of streaming viewers across time, locations, content, apps and devices.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Robert Jones, Christine Weber, David Baron, Nick Grimwood, Brett Sappington, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
U.S. standalone pay TV ARPU declined 10% from 2016 to 2018
Aug 1, 2019 – Research from Parks Associates finds that U.S. average standalone pay-TV ARPU declined 10% from 2016 to 2018, with consumer-reported monthly spending on pay TV declining from $84 to $76. Pricing pressure is forcing increasing conflict in carriage negotiations.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
39% of U.S. broadband households own a streaming media player
Jul 24, 2019 – Parks Associates has announced research showing that 39% of US broadband households own a streaming media player, a mere 1% increase over 2018, indicating ownership has flattened, although purchase intentions are higher for 2019 compared to previous years.
News categories: Parks Associates, Kristen Hanich, Craig Leslie, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
Jul 16, 2019 – Parks Associates research forecasts that in 2019, U.S. OTT and pay-TV companies will see $9.1 billion in lost revenue due to piracy and account sharing. This number is expected to grow to $12.5 billion in 2024, a growth rate of 38%.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Potential U.S. broadband cord-cutters watch over six hours of mobile video per week
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. broadband households highly likely to cut the cord in the next 12 months watch more than six hours of video content on their mobile phone a week, compared to 2.5 hours among all U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Broadband, Market Research, Mobile, USA
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA