Digital TV News: Parks Associates
Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
Dec 2, 2022 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 U.S. subscription OTT video services. This is the first time in the history of the annual report that Netflix is not in the top spot.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
Nov 30, 2022 – Parks Associates finds that consumers have maintained recent increases in the time they spend watching video on their mobile phones, while time spent consuming video on a TV set, tablet, and computer continues to decrease.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
Nov 18, 2022 – Parks Associates research finds that 83% of US internet households now subscribe to at least one OTT service, while 45% still subscribe to the traditional linear pay-TV service model.
News categories: Parks Associates, FPT Software, Sarah Lee, Ira Dworkin, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
Sep 26, 2022 – Parks Associates estimates that more than 35 million U.S. internet households are interested in subscribing to a cloud gaming service, with demand growing to nearly 39 million households by 2024.
News categories: Parks Associates, Elizabeth Parks, Dr. Dhananjay Lal, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, USA
40 million U.S. homes trialed and subscribed to at least one OTT service in H1 2021
Jul 14, 2022 – A study from Parks Associates reveals that 40 million U.S. internet households trialed and subscribed to at least one OTT service in H1 2021. The research analyzes consumer use and perception across multiple business models, their libraries, and features.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
Jun 21, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, U.S. pay-TV subscriptions and revenues are on a continuous decline as consumers embrace OTT services. The firm expects traditional pay-TV to decline to 76.7 million households by 2024, the lowest penetration in a decade and a 27% drop from 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
May 9, 2022 – Parks Associates research has found that 43% of U.S. internet households have livestreamed online content in the past three months, with sporting events by far the most popular type of content at 61% of livestreaming users.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Sony's share of U.S. Smart TV purchases grew in 2021
Apr 20, 2022 – According to Parks Associates, out of the top five U.S. brands, Sony showed clear growth, compared to 2020, for smart TVs purchased or received in the previous six months, pushing the brand past Vizio and into the top three for purchases in Q3 2021.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire