Digital TV News: Paul Kocher
MStar, Intertrust and Rambus to show security for 4K UHD TV at IBC 2015
Sep 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has started production of a secure chipset for connected TVs that integrates the Rambus Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay cloud service for DRM.
News categories: MStar Semi, Rambus, Intertrust, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, David Maher, Content Protection, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cryptography Research to manage cryptographic keys for SCSA-enabled devices
Sep 1, 2015 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to run and manage the VIDITY Key Issuance Center. The service manages cryptographic keys that SCSA-enabled devices and services use in securing content.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Paul Kocher, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Intertrust integrates Cryptography Research security cores
Apr 9, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Intertrust will integrate its CryptoFirewall hardware security cores with its ExpressPlay cloud service. Smart 4K UHD TVs are the first target devices for the integrated security solution.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Intertrust, Paul Kocher, Talal Shamoon, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MStar to use Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures in Set-Top Box ICs
Feb 4, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that its Cryptography Research Division and MStar have signed a license agreement for the inclusion of advanced DPA countermeasure technologies developed by Cryptography Research in MStar products.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Paul Kocher, Jeff Wu, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Aug 28, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that MStar Semiconductor has licensed the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core for integration into its connected TV solution chips.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
Jul 23, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Entropic (NASDAQ:ENTR) have announced that they have signed an agreement allowing for the use of the Cryptography Research side-channel attack countermeasures in Entropic’s ICs.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Verimatrix Demonstrates Integration of CryptoFirewall Security Core at NABShow 2013
Apr 8, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that it is demonstrating the integration of Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ hardware-based security core with its Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV cardless security at NAB Show 2013.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cryptography Research, Content Protection, IPTV, NABShow, Semiconductor
Cryptography Research Signs License Agreement With EchoStar for CryptoFirewall Security
Feb 26, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced a license agreement with EchoStar (Nasdaq: SATS) to adopt the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall™ security core for use in EchoStar set-top boxes to protect against TV signal theft.
News categories: Cryptography Research, EchoStar, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
ALi Integrates Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Jan 9, 2013 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and ALi Corp. (3041 TT) have announced that ALi has completed integration of the CRI CryptoFirewall™ security technology into its STB SoC products. The CryptoFirewall core will be available in ALi chipsets beginning in 2013.
News categories: Cryptography Research, ALi Corp, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope