Digital TV News: Pearl TV
NEXTGEN TV expands to 11 stations in Phoenix
Jul 15, 2021 – As the first market in the U.S. to experience NEXTGEN TV when it launched in 2018, audiences in the Phoenix area can now enjoy an expanded roster of 11 local stations delivering the next generation broadcast technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, E.W. Scripps, Univision Communications, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Greg Coburn, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sacramento TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Jul 9, 2021 – Six Sacramento TV stations (KOVR, KCRA, KQCA, KTXL, KXTV and KUVS) have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Sacramento is the first city in Northern California to launch a commercial NEXTGEN TV service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Ariel Roblin, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Charlotte, NC
Jul 8, 2021 – Five local TV stations in Charlotte, NC have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are Cox Media's WAXN-TV and WSOC-TV (ABC), Nexstar's WJZY-TV (FOX), Gray Television's WBTV-TV (CBS) and TEGNA's WCNC-TV (NBC).
News categories: Pearl TV, Cox Media Group, Anne Schelle, Paul Curran, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV stations in Orlando launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jul 1, 2021 – Eight Orlando TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV. The stations are WRBW-TV, WOFL-TV, WFTV-TV, WRDQ-TV, WKMG-TV, WESH-TV, WKCF-TV and WUCF-TV. Orlando is the 17th largest TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Mike McClain, John Soapes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
Jun 15, 2021 – The Single Frequency Network (SFN) capability of NEXTGEN TV can help broadcasters enhance the robustness of reception of TV signals, according to results from Phoenix Model Market testing.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
Jan 19, 2021 – The Pearl TV broadcaster business group has applauded the decision by the FCC to give broadcasters more flexibility when using a Distributed Television System (DTS) for NEXTGEN TV broadcasts using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Federal Communications Commission, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
- High-speed fibre overtakes DSL in OECD countries
- Liberty Global reports Q2 2021 results
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico