Digital TV News: Phil McKinney
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
Dec 16, 2014 – Six technology companies completed the first successful interoperability test of DOCSIS 3.1 products for a new generation of high-speed hardware that can deliver up to 10 Gbps broadband speeds on Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) networks, CableLabs has announced.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Tom Lookabaugh, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs announces new generation of DOCSIS technology
Oct 30, 2013 – CableLabs has announced the availability of its DOCSIS 3.1 PHY and MULPI specifications. DOCSIS 3.1 technology will help operators continue to meet consumer demand for high speed connections and sophisticated applications.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Dan Rice, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
CableLabs launches NetworkFX global trust management company
Nov 5, 2012 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of its NetworkFX™ subsidiary. Built on years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: CableLabs, NetworkFX, Cable TV, Content Protection, OTT
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom