Digital TV News: Phil McKinney
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
Dec 16, 2014 – Six technology companies completed the first successful interoperability test of DOCSIS 3.1 products for a new generation of high-speed hardware that can deliver up to 10 Gbps broadband speeds on Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) networks, CableLabs has announced.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Tom Lookabaugh, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs announces new generation of DOCSIS technology
Oct 30, 2013 – CableLabs has announced the availability of its DOCSIS 3.1 PHY and MULPI specifications. DOCSIS 3.1 technology will help operators continue to meet consumer demand for high speed connections and sophisticated applications.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Dan Rice, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
CableLabs launches NetworkFX global trust management company
Nov 5, 2012 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of its NetworkFX™ subsidiary. Built on years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: CableLabs, NetworkFX, Cable TV, Content Protection, OTT
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025