Digital TV News: Phoenix Model Market
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
Jun 15, 2021 – The Single Frequency Network (SFN) capability of NEXTGEN TV can help broadcasters enhance the robustness of reception of TV signals, according to results from Phoenix Model Market testing.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
Jan 19, 2021 – The Pearl TV broadcaster business group has applauded the decision by the FCC to give broadcasters more flexibility when using a Distributed Television System (DTS) for NEXTGEN TV broadcasts using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Federal Communications Commission, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV 'Motown 3.0 Test Track' launched in Detroit
Dec 10, 2020 – Five local TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV in Detroit. The broadcast advance signals the beginning of another project – the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' for merging automotive applications with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Oct 28, 2020 – Broadcasters participating in the Phoenix Model Market launch of next-generation TV have announced the addition of an SFN, a move that will enhance reception for viewers and broaden the reach of broadcasters transmitting to NEXTGEN TV sets.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, David Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
Jul 8, 2020 – KASW-TV (CW) has launched an ATSC 3.0 TV transmitter in the Phoenix Model Market. Phoenix now has two ATSC 3.0 transmission towers whose licenses are approved by the FCC and the facilities are on-air.
News categories: Pearl TV, Scripps, FOX, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Richard Friedel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022