Digital TV News: Phoenix Model Market
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
Jun 15, 2021 – The Single Frequency Network (SFN) capability of NEXTGEN TV can help broadcasters enhance the robustness of reception of TV signals, according to results from Phoenix Model Market testing.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sony field tests demonstrate ATSC 3.0 broadcasting to vehicles
Feb 11, 2021 – Field testing by Sony has demonstrated the robustness of ATSC 3.0 mobile reception creating an opportunity for local TV stations to transmit software updates and information to cars and trucks.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Nejat, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
Jan 19, 2021 – The Pearl TV broadcaster business group has applauded the decision by the FCC to give broadcasters more flexibility when using a Distributed Television System (DTS) for NEXTGEN TV broadcasts using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Federal Communications Commission, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV 'Motown 3.0 Test Track' launched in Detroit
Dec 10, 2020 – Five local TV stations have banded together to launch NEXTGEN TV in Detroit. The broadcast advance signals the beginning of another project – the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' for merging automotive applications with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Oct 28, 2020 – Broadcasters participating in the Phoenix Model Market launch of next-generation TV have announced the addition of an SFN, a move that will enhance reception for viewers and broaden the reach of broadcasters transmitting to NEXTGEN TV sets.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, David Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
Jul 8, 2020 – KASW-TV (CW) has launched an ATSC 3.0 TV transmitter in the Phoenix Model Market. Phoenix now has two ATSC 3.0 transmission towers whose licenses are approved by the FCC and the facilities are on-air.
News categories: Pearl TV, Scripps, FOX, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Brian Lawlor, Richard Friedel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service