Digital TV News: Prasar Bharati
India to fund distribution of 800,000 free DD satellite STBs
Jan 4, 2023 – India's government has approved a proposal to provide infrastructure development support to Prasar Bharati. The Scheme includes free distribution of over 8 lakh DD Free Dish STBs to people living in remote, tribal, LWE and border areas.
News categories: Prasar Bharati, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
NextGen Broadcast technology demonstrated at conclave in New Delhi
Jun 2, 2022 – A Conclave on 'Direct to Mobile and 5G Broadband - Convergence Roadmap for India' took place in New Delhi on June 1, 2022. The conclave demonstrated NextGen Broadcast technology on smart phones and other smart devices.
News categories: IIT Kanpur, TSDSI, Saankhya Labs, Prasar Bharati, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Prof Abhay Karandikar, NG Subramaniam, Ms Pamela Kumar, Parag Naik, Shashi Shekhar Vempati, Dr. PD Vaghela, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
DD Free Dish now reaches more than 43 million households
Mar 31, 2022 – With improved auction processes leading to more and better quality channels, between 2017 and 2022 the free DTH service from Doordarshan achieved growth of almost 100% from 22 million in 2017 to 43 million in 2022.
News categories: DD Free Dish, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
TRAI issues recommendations for DTT transition in India
Jan 31, 2017 – As a result of its consultation on digital terrestrial broadcasting, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations on key issues associated with the implementation of DTT across the country.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Terrestrial
India adds 610,000 active DTH subscribers in 1Q 2015
Aug 12, 2015 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released telecom indicators for the quarter ending 31st March, 2015. At the end of the period, the total numbers of registered and active DTH subscribers were 76.05 million & 41.15 million respectively.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
India registers 2.75 million additional DTH subscribers in 2Q 2014
Nov 7, 2014 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released telecoms statistics for the second quarter. The total number of DTH subscribers was 67.57 million registered and 38.24 million active at 30th June 2014.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Prasar Bharati will offer TV on mobile from May
Mar 24, 2007 – Having shelved its ambitious car television project, Prasar Bharati is pinning its hopes on mobile TV now. More …
News categories: Digital TV, India, Mobile
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media