Digital TV News: Rafael Sgrott
Brazil's Vivo chooses Cisco set-top box for Wireless IPTV service
Aug 7, 2014 – Telefonica Vivo has selected the wireless Cisco IPTV set-top box for its Vivo TV Fibra service without the need to run cables to the TVs of its customers. The service provider announces the new solution at ABTA 2014.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telefonica Vivo, Rafael Sgrott, Rodrigo Dienstmann, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telefónica uses Broadcom SoC for Ultra HD IPTV
Aug 5, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Telefónica has chosen Broadcom's HEVC-enabled SoC to deliver Ultra HD IPTV broadcasts. Telefónica is distributing Ultra HD content through its fiber optical networks.
News categories: Broadcom, Telefónica, Dan Marotta, Rafael Sgrott Martins, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Vivo begins 4K trial in Brazil
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica Vivo has chosen Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) AVP 4000 Encoder Family to boost its TV viewing experience for consumers in Brazil and Vivo has begun trials to demonstrate the ability to provide a 4K experience in Brazil.
News categories: Ericsson, Vivo, Rafael Sgrott, Ronaldo Dias, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023