Digital TV News: Richard Yu
HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
Aug 10, 2019 – HONOR has launched its HONOR Vision Series at the 2019 Huawei Developer Conference (HDC). Equipped with three Huawei chipsets, HONOR Vision is the world's first smart screen device to carry Huawei's self-developed HarmonyOS.
News categories: HONOR, Huawei, George Zhao, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
Aug 9, 2019 – At the Huawei Developer Conference, Huawei launched HarmonyOS – its microkernel-based, distributed operating system. HarmonyOS will first be used for smart devices like smart watches, smart screens, in-vehicle systems, and smart speakers.
News categories: Huawei, Richard Yu, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Celestial Semiconductors selects S&T MHEG technology
Jun 16, 2009 – Strategy & Technology has licensed its RedKey™ 2 MHEG solution to Celestial Semiconductors of China. The libraries are being integrated into Celestial's software for markets such as Australia, Hong Kong and New Zealand, as well as UK HD Freeview.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Celestial Semiconductors, Digital TV, DVR, Licensing, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications