Digital TV News: SRG SSR
Swiss Broadcasting protects content with Viaccess-Orca CAS
Sep 7, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Swiss Broadcasting Corporation (SRG SSR) has recently introduced a new card version of VO's Conditional Access System (CAS) for the security of its satellite TV distribution.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SRG SSR, Pascal Birot, Simon Blumer, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite, Switzerland
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
SRG SSR chooses Kaltura to power Cloud TV service in Switzerland
Jun 16, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that SRG SSR, Switzerland’s national public broadcaster, has selected Kaltura TV Platform as the basis on which to build its new multi-language Cloud TV service, named 'Play Suisse'.
News categories: Kaltura, SRG SSR, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's SRG SSR announces HbbTV plans
Jun 21, 2012 – Swiss public broadcaster SRG SSR has announced plans for services based on the HbbTV standard. SRG SSR's Radio Télévision Suisse service is currently running a pilot, with a commercial offering due to be rolled-out by the end of the year.
News categories: SRG SSR, Cable TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Switzerland
- Updates to DVB-I spec and implementation guidelines published
- DAZN and GeoComply to pilot Content Access Control system
- Viacom18 to be merged into Star India
- Brightcove adds Google Ad Manager support
- Netgem unifies TV, streaming and cloud gaming at Zeop in Réunion
- Ateme transcoders integrate Verance Aspect watermarking
- Rakuten TV announces telco deals in Europe at MWC 2024
- Global TV shipments fell 3% in 2023
- A3SA releases new DVR content protection specification
- Paramount to launch Paramount+ branded destination with Multichoice
- SKT, Deutsche Telekom, e&, Singtel and SoftBank plan LLM JV
- TiVo signs four operators for TiVo Broadband
- U.S. streaming revenue to overtake pay TV in 2024
- WTCI enhances broadcast quality and compliance with Actus Digital
- Broadpeak elevates mobile video streaming with Deutsche Telekom and Microsoft
- Accedo offers end-to-end XR solution for pay TV operators
- ThinkAnalytics and Channel 4 renew partnership
- Kaon and AMT to distribute TiVo STBs in North America
- Comscore adds Local TV to campaign ratings platform
- PlayBox Neo playout selected by Orange TV in Florida