Digital TV News: SRG SSR
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
SRG SSR chooses Kaltura to power Cloud TV service in Switzerland
Jun 16, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that SRG SSR, Switzerland’s national public broadcaster, has selected Kaltura TV Platform as the basis on which to build its new multi-language Cloud TV service, named 'Play Suisse'.
News categories: Kaltura, SRG SSR, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's SRG SSR announces HbbTV plans
Jun 21, 2012 – Swiss public broadcaster SRG SSR has announced plans for services based on the HbbTV standard. SRG SSR's Radio Télévision Suisse service is currently running a pilot, with a commercial offering due to be rolled-out by the end of the year.
News categories: SRG SSR, Cable TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Switzerland
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools