Digital TV News: Sam Matheny
Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
Apr 13, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced the development of updated test suites for the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) NEXTGEN TV Logo program, which will be applicable to 2022 model receivers.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen audience measurement watermark transmitted over ATSC 3.0
Apr 3, 2019 – The NAB has announced the successful transmission of a Nielsen audience measurement watermark – inaudible signals in a program’s audio that helps identify the program for audience measurement purposes – using the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast transmission standard.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Nielsen, Sam Matheny, Catherine Herkovic, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA, VR
First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
Oct 26, 2016 – A local TV station in Cleveland is ushering in the era of Next Gen TV broadcasting with the first live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event – Major League Baseball’s World Series.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Tribune Broadcasting, NAB, Richard Friedel, Bill VanDuynhoven, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
KBS, SBS and LG demo 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 at NABShow
Apr 17, 2016 – Korean broadcasters KBS and SBS have joined forces with LG Electronics to demonstrate a real-world implementation of ATSC 3.0 broadcasting at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention.
News categories: LG Electronics, KBS, SBS, Byeong-Ryeol Park, Dr. Young-Soo Park, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
PILOT shows ATSC 3.0 Interactive Environment at NAB Show
Apr 15, 2016 – A prototype ATSC 3.0 receiver and gateway demonstrating the Interactive Environment will be featured during NAB Show. The Interactive Environment is based on HTML5 and enables broadcasters to provide a richer and more customized experience for viewers.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, So Vang, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, HTML5, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform