Digital TV News: Sam Matheny
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
Apr 13, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced the development of updated test suites for the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) NEXTGEN TV Logo program, which will be applicable to 2022 model receivers.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen audience measurement watermark transmitted over ATSC 3.0
Apr 3, 2019 – The NAB has announced the successful transmission of a Nielsen audience measurement watermark – inaudible signals in a program’s audio that helps identify the program for audience measurement purposes – using the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast transmission standard.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Nielsen, Sam Matheny, Catherine Herkovic, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Metaverse, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
Oct 26, 2016 – A local TV station in Cleveland is ushering in the era of Next Gen TV broadcasting with the first live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event – Major League Baseball’s World Series.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Tribune Broadcasting, NAB, Richard Friedel, Bill VanDuynhoven, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
KBS, SBS and LG demo 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 at NABShow
Apr 17, 2016 – Korean broadcasters KBS and SBS have joined forces with LG Electronics to demonstrate a real-world implementation of ATSC 3.0 broadcasting at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention.
News categories: LG Electronics, KBS, SBS, Byeong-Ryeol Park, Dr. Young-Soo Park, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines