Digital TV News: Sentech
South Africa to switch-off analogue TV on March 31st
Feb 28, 2022 – South Africa's Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies has determined that the 31st of March 2022 will be the date for the final switch-off of the analogue TV and the end of dual illumination in the country.
News categories: Department of Communications and Digital Technologies, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
Nov 25, 2021 – South Africa managed to conclude analogue Switch-off in the Free-State province at the end of October and on 26th November 2021 the switch-off of the last SABC analogue site in the Northern-Cape in Upington will be completed.
News categories: Communications and Digital Technologies, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa begins analogue TV switch-off
Mar 16, 2021 – South Africa has started with the phased switch-off of analogue television transmitters in the Free State. The process, carried out province-by-province, is expected to complete by the end of March 2022.
News categories: Ministry of Communications and Digital Technologies, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sentech delivers DTH and DTT via Intelsat 20
Sep 25, 2015 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Sentech has extended its contract for multiple years. Sentech will continue to use Ku-band capacity on Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E to expand its DTH and DTT services in Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, Sentech, Rhys Morgan, Leago Takalani, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
Apr 17, 2015 – Speaking at the Southern African Digital Broadcasting Workshop, South Africa's Minister of Communications said that the country plans to implement its transition to digital broadcasting over the next 18 months.
News categories: Faith Muthambi, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Sentech opts for Net Insight for DTT network in South Africa
Feb 18, 2015 – Net Insight has announced that its transport solution has been selected by South Africa's state-owned transmission network operator Sentech, to deliver contribution services for its national digital terrestrial TV (DTT) network.
News categories: Net Insight, Sentech, Fredrik Tumegård, Setumo Mohapi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
South Africa's OpenView HD now available on same satellite as DStv
Oct 6, 2014 – OpenView HD, South Africa’s first free-to-view DTH satellite television platform, will soon also be available on the same satellite dish used to receive DStv, Vivid and Freevision services.
News categories: Platco Digital, OpenView HD, Maxwell Nonge, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December