Digital TV News: Sophie Moloney
Sky New Zealand launches Sky Box created with Wyplay
Apr 13, 2023 – Sky NZ has launched a new Sky Box developed with Wyplay. Its features include 4K video support, a personalized user experience, streaming app integration, multi-recording, voice remote, and more.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky New Zealand, Jacques Bourgninaud, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Sky New Zealand announces Android TV STB development partners
Nov 17, 2021 – Sky New Zealand has announced partners for the development of its new Android TV-based Sky Box, due for deployment by the middle of 2022. Sky has selected Wyplay, Irdeto and Kaonmedia to provide components of the box's software and hardware.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Wyplay, Kaonmedia, Irdeto, Sophie Moloney, Jacques Bourgninaud, John Chung Yoon, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky New Zealand selects Irdeto as security partner
Nov 18, 2021 – Irdeto has been selected by Sky New Zealand to become the security partner for its next generation Android set-top box, Sky Box. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA is the core security technology that will protect Sky’s content.
News categories: Irdeto, Sky New Zealand, Doug Lowther, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky New Zealand completes purchase of Lightbox
Feb 3, 2020 – Sky has confirmed that it has completed the purchase of entertainment streaming service Lightbox from Spark. The deal enables Sky to merge Lightbox with its own Neon service, creating a super-charged service for New Zealand customers.
News categories: Sky New Zealand, Sophie Moloney, Digital TV, MandA, New Zealand, Streaming
- Paramount to launch Paramount+ branded destination with Multichoice
- SKT, Deutsche Telekom, e&, Singtel and SoftBank plan LLM JV
- TiVo signs four operators for TiVo Broadband
- U.S. streaming revenue to overtake pay TV in 2024
- WTCI enhances broadcast quality and compliance with Actus Digital
- Broadpeak elevates mobile video streaming with Deutsche Telekom and Microsoft
- Accedo offers end-to-end XR solution for pay TV operators
- ThinkAnalytics and Channel 4 renew partnership
- Kaon and AMT to distribute TiVo STBs in North America
- Comscore adds Local TV to campaign ratings platform
- PlayBox Neo playout selected by Orange TV in Florida
- U.S. TV viewing hits four-year high in January
- North America to lose another 10 million pay TV subscribers
- At least 40% of campaigns in Europe to run on CTV
- Titan OS selects OneTrust as data privacy partner
- Pixalate releases Q4 2023 CTV device market share report
- RTL Deutschland and ProSiebenSat.1 join forces in adtech
- EU approves Orange, MásMóvil joint venture with conditions
- Foxtel reveals pricing and retail partners for Hubbl
- Turkcell partners with Qwilt and Cisco to boost content delivery